Page 1 of 1
Editor time frame restriction
Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:31 pm
by Rongor
I just opened up the editor for the first time. My idea was to create some nice little scenario as a starter. I had thought of the Dieppe Raid as a what if scenario, depicting the never done Operation Rutter version, which initially aimed to land 12 divisions in July 1942.
Unfortunately I then quickly realized, that the editor refuses to accept scenario start dates before November 1942, so all creativity addressing history before that date is futile.
Please tell me what the reason for this rigid limitation could be. And even better, please devs, consider to drop that limitation.
Thank you!
RE: Editor time frame restriction
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:54 am
by jacktimes2
As I understand it, anything prior to November '42 will require a much less abstracted naval system, akin to the air warfare in WitW. This will probably require a new game, considering the additional coding required.
RE: Editor time frame restriction
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:26 am
by Rongor
Why would this be the case? While constructing a scenario from scratch, it is the responsibility of the scenario creator to use the given mechanics efficiently. So I don't see why this needs anything else but the game as it is. Why not letting us construct stuff with the mechanics and resources we have at hand?
RE: Editor time frame restriction
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:22 am
by RedLancer
The dates are locked for primarily commercial reasons - just as the map is restricted to a limited playable area.
RE: Editor time frame restriction
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:21 am
by Rongor
Ok. That is sad, in a way. Still understandable though.
RE: Editor time frame restriction
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:30 pm
by Joel Billings
No doubt it will be unlocked in time, as we produce additional "War in Europe" series products.
RE: Editor time frame restriction
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:32 pm
by jacktimes2
I can't wait. The idea of managing the Battle of the Atlantic at the operational level is a life-long dream of mine. Nobody's gotten it quite right yet, for my tastes.