Page 1 of 1

The Wargamer's Best of the Year 2002 awards

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:12 am
by Ross Moorhouse
The Wargamer's Best of the Year 2002 awards is on again. They want their readers to vote for the best games of the year. http://www.wargamer.com/articles/reader ... ting_2002/
Before we officially announce The Wargamer's Best of the Year 2002 awards, we'd like to turn to you, our audience, and request your help in picking our 2002 Reader's Choice Awards. As we did in 2001, we solicit your votes in several categories to get your picks for the best of 2002 gaming.

Voting is easy. Just enter your name and email address, and begin. For the sake of simplicity, we've moved some cross-genre games into their most meaningful categories, although it is entirely possible we've left your favorite game off the list. However, the list is fairly comprehensive: if you don't see a particular game, it's probably because it was released prior to 2002 or it might just not be on our radar screens. If it's the latter, please feel free to email us.

We'll tally the votes and report the results not long after we announce The Wargamer's 2002 Best of the Year Awards in January. In the meantime, feel free to discuss your own voting in our forums.
Also you will notice that 2 of our games, Uncommon Valor and Starships Unlimited are contenders in this contest. :D

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:27 am
by Grumbling Grogn
Well...

I would raise Holy Hell if UV was not on the list. It would have to be darn good crop o' games I missed for it not to be. ;)


(Starships btw is also an excellent game.)

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:43 am
by Knavey
If UV was on the list, I voted for it. If 2x3 and Matrix showed up, I voted for them.

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:31 am
by XPav
Ahh yes, the Wargamer, the site with the bandwidth problems and the ~300KB front page. :rolleyes:

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:00 am
by Admiral DadMan
I'm going back to vote twice, or more..

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:03 am
by XPav
Be sure to vote early and often!

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:01 am
by Grotius
On my way to vote for UV now. And yes, Starships Unlimited is a good game, too. A refreshing new take on the familiar 4x space genre.

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:48 am
by Drex
I got my vote in for Matrix.

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:07 am
by rcwkent
Vote early and often!

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:13 pm
by Piiska
For obvious reasons I voted UV for the best wargame.

For the continuous support and improvement of their product and for listening to their gamers, I voted for Matrix and 2 by 3 in the respective categories.

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:10 pm
by bilbow
Same vote for me. Too bad the site won't allow multiple votes.

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:40 pm
by Drex
There's enough matrix fans to pull it off without voting more than once. they just have to get over to the website and do it. This is the Matrix silent majority.

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 9:32 pm
by Bax
One vote from work, one from home when I get there!
:)

Just Do It!

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:51 pm
by WW2'er
UV, 2By3 and Matrix got my vote! (Hope they win!)

Multiple votes!

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:58 am
by bilbow
Thanks Drex,

I just voted a second time from work. And tonite I use my wife's e-mail. And then my kids. I wonder, does my dog have an e-mail address?