Page 1 of 23
The Great Patriotic War (STE78 vs 821bobo)
Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:25 pm
by STEF78
I'm addicted to WITE and this will be my 5th AAR. My second as russian.
Settings: mild blizzard, +1 soviet, random weather, server game, full FOW, locked HQ...
German opening was quite traditional with a strong reinforcement of the South.
Before the mud season, frontline was as shown below.
Key points:
- Leningrad is about to fall...
- 821bobo lost a Pzd which proved to be too agressive north of Moscow
- he advanced up to Tula but then moved to the South to gain ground.
- Sevastopol still resists
The arrows show the main moves of the PzG's

The Great Patriotic War (STE78 vs 821bobo)
Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:28 pm
by STEF78
821bobo wasn't very focused on encirclements (or I was enough cautious...)
So my losses are relatively low

RE: The Great Patriotic War (STE78 vs 821bobo)
Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:42 pm
by swkuh
Thanks Stef 78 +Bobo for your AAR. Will follow.
RE: The Great Patriotic War (STE78 vs 821bobo)
Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:01 pm
by loki100
interesting situation, what is your industry like? If you have lots of arms pts and HI he is going to be in real trouble by 1943?
RE: The Great Patriotic War (STE78 vs 821bobo)
Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:42 pm
by charlie0311
Can't bear to watch, fear the mighty Bobo821. But I will..

RE: The Great Patriotic War (STE78 vs 821bobo)
Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:33 am
by schascha
Salut Stef,
Content de suivre un nouvel AAR de ta plume.
Bonne chance, ca a l'air bien parti!!!
RE: The Great Patriotic War (STE78 vs 821bobo)
Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:21 am
by Peltonx
ORIGINAL: STEF78
821bobo wasn't very focused on encirclements (or I was enough cautious...)
So my losses are relatively low
Wow very low loses vs historical, you should be around 7.5 million by June 42.
Hes going to have a hard time cracking your lines.
+1 will also make for a hard winter for him.
RE: The Great Patriotic War (STE78 vs 821bobo)
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:46 am
by 821Bobo
ORIGINAL: STEF78
German opening was quite traditional with a strong reinforcement of the South.
This is not true. From the original dispositions I have moved only GD regiment to the south.
821bobo wasn't very focused on encirclements (or I was enough cautious...)
I was not able to create any bigger pocket. You have been very good in retreating with good timing. [:(]
RE: The Great Patriotic War (STE78 vs 821bobo)
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:50 am
by 821Bobo
ORIGINAL: Pelton
Wow very low loses vs historical, you should be around 7.5 million by June 42.
Hes going to have a hard time cracking your lines.
+1 will also make for a hard winter for him.
Well you are right. To my defense I must say that I have lost around 200 morale points due to the morale bug. It really hurts when your 90+ inf divisions suddenly have 75 morale. Also the mud have stopped me for 2-3 turns.
RE: The Great Patriotic War (STE78 vs 821bobo)
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:03 am
by chaos45
Ahh yes the morale bug that would make a difference- Morale is a massive influence on CV.
RE: The Great Patriotic War (STE78 vs 821bobo)
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:39 pm
by Peltonx
ORIGINAL: 821Bobo
ORIGINAL: Pelton
Wow very low loses vs historical, you should be around 7.5 million by June 42.
Hes going to have a hard time cracking your lines.
+1 will also make for a hard winter for him.
Well you are right. To my defense I must say that I have lost around 200 morale points due to the morale bug. It really hurts when your 90+ inf divisions suddenly have 75 morale. Also the mud have stopped me for 2-3 turns.
Yes killer for Germans as 41 is everything. As Germany you can make no errors. Russians can recover from anything other then 4 or 5 massive pockets in 41.
Good luck, vs Brian I not stand a chance as he has walls and walls of 30+ CV stacks and its only June 42.
Armaments now are always at zero even when there is no combat for 4 or 5 turns of mud.
Something wrong for sure other then squad swapping bugs, still looking.
Logistics nerfs + 2 to 3 turns of mud make game unwinnable all things being equal, Russian losses are far below historical which makes OOB far higher then normal.
RE: The Great Patriotic War (STE78 vs 821bobo)
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:50 pm
by STEF78
ORIGINAL: loki100
interesting situation, what is your industry like? If you have lots of arms pts and HI he is going to be in real trouble by 1943?
I'm in good shape HI>200, Arm>300. Will post a picture as soon as I get the turn
RE: The Great Patriotic War (STE78 vs 821bobo)
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:51 pm
by STEF78
ORIGINAL: schascha
Salut Stef,
Content de suivre un nouvel AAR de ta plume.
Bonne chance, ca a l'air bien parti!!!
Merci Schascha, pour le moment la partie est équilibrée. Et toi, contre Bozo? Je désespère de voir un AAR
RE: The Great Patriotic War (STE78 vs 821bobo)
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:04 pm
by STEF78
ORIGINAL: 821Bobo
ORIGINAL: Pelton
Wow very low loses vs historical, you should be around 7.5 million by June 42.
Hes going to have a hard time cracking your lines.
+1 will also make for a hard winter for him.
Well you are right. To my defense I must say that I have lost around 200 morale points due to the morale bug. It really hurts when your 90+ inf divisions suddenly have 75 morale. Also the mud have stopped me for 2-3 turns.
2/3 turns of mud per weather zone? did we play the same game? [;)]
But in fact the turn (I think it was the 14th) we played under bug morale rules affected your strength... On my side, my 10 guards units were sent back to 45 morale
Below the effect on german infs as shown by Bobo (after bug/before bug)
RE: The Great Patriotic War (STE78 vs 821bobo)
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:08 pm
by STEF78
ORIGINAL: 821Bobo
ORIGINAL: STEF78
German opening was quite traditional with a strong reinforcement of the South.
This is not true. From the original dispositions I have moved only GD regiment to the south.
Ok I thought you moved more more units in the south
821bobo wasn't very focused on encirclements (or I was enough cautious...)
I was not able to create any bigger pocket. You have been very good in retreating with good timing. [:(]
Thanks! I learned a lot with Beekeeper
RE: The Great Patriotic War (STE78 vs 821bobo)
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:53 pm
by Bozo_the_Clown
Merci Schascha, pour le moment la partie est équilibrée. Et toi, contre Bozo? Je désespère de voir un AAR
Hi, Stef. The game vs Schascha is long over. It lasted only a couple of turns before I quit because of all the changes and the constant stream of new patches. Currently, I am also playing against 821Bobo. We started with 08.07. I intend to play this game to the end no matter how many new patches are coming. Nothing is perfect in life. C’est la vie.
RE: The Great Patriotic War (STE78 vs 821bobo)
Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:37 pm
by STEF78
ORIGINAL: STEF78
ORIGINAL: loki100
interesting situation, what is your industry like? If you have lots of arms pts and HI he is going to be in real trouble by 1943?
I'm in good shape HI>200, Arm>300. Will post a picture as soon as I get the turn
The Great Patriotic War (STE78 vs 821bobo)
Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:37 pm
by STEF78
A general view at the beginning of the blizzard
Leningrad and Sevastopol are lost but 821bobo choosed to hold the line all along the front and to keep some Pzd/Mot on the front line. Unusual, but maybe efficient.
My aims for the blizzard:
- inflict losses to german infs
- destroy some german infs
- generate guards units
- create a buffer for the next summer

RE: The Great Patriotic War (STE78 vs 821bobo)
Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:59 pm
by chaos45
He is in for an extremely rough winter especially with +1.
The Great Patriotic War (STE78 vs 821bobo)
Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:25 pm
by STEF78
Turn 25, 4th december 1941
First turn of blizzard, I begin to hammer the german line
NW of Moscow, I try to isolate the more advanced german infs
In the center, pretty satisfied
In the South, strong resistance...
In crimea, I use my naval abilities to land 2 rifle brigades behind the front line