Page 1 of 1

Time to Game Shop! Any suggestions?

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:06 pm
by jimh009
Hi,

With the very nice sale Matrix has going on now, I figured it was time to experiment with some new games. Obviously I have and love AE. Other Matrix games I have bought are Gary Gribsby's War in the East and Gary Grigsby's Civil War (which I've never really played yet, for some reason).

Was wondering what other games people in the AE forum have bought, played, and suggest?

I was thinking of trying some none WWII games, too. In particular, I thought the Civil War II series looked pretty good. But I'm open to other WWII games, too!

And are any of the "space games" offered on Matrix any good?

RE: Time to Game Shop! Any suggestions?

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:03 pm
by RogerJNeilson
I keep buying other ones, I try them and then they just get forgotten about. Matrix and its partners have had a lot of money form me over the years. Nothing comes close to WITP AE

Roger

RE: Time to Game Shop! Any suggestions?

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:13 pm
by KMCCARTHY
Not Matrix but I keep looking at this as a possible purchase

I work for NASA but this would be a second time suck I can not deal with. I just bought my 21 year old son WITPAE (as his request) but am holding out giving it to him after finals. :)

RE: Time to Game Shop! Any suggestions?

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:24 am
by crsutton
Roger is right. AE uses up all my time.. I did buy Fallout 4 last week. I is a great FPS and I am having too much fun.

RE: Time to Game Shop! Any suggestions?

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:13 am
by JocMeister
KSP is insanely fun although not a Matrix title! Hard as hell and very different from what I was used too. Love it though. Extremely good value for the money.

You might want to take a look at Command Modern air/Naval. Very, very good game with excellent support from the devs. They just released a cold war addon too.


RE: Time to Game Shop! Any suggestions?

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:18 am
by CaptBeefheart
I've had some fun with WITW and then GalCiv3 recently, and picked up a number of games with the Steam sale (including some Matrix titles). The trick is to drop this one long enough to get full immersion in another one.

Thinking of trying the latest X-COM, Nobunaga's Ambition and Frozen Synapse for some lighter fare this holiday season.

Cheers,
CC

RE: Time to Game Shop! Any suggestions?

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:36 pm
by btd64
Distant Worlds Universe. I like it because of the strategic nature of the game. Also you can mod it similar to AE. It's my home away from home....GP