Page 1 of 1
Cannonfodder vs Soviet AI / Normal
Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:33 pm
by KenchiSulla
After fooling around with the engine a bit I decided to document my failures (....) in an AAR. Hopefully some of you will help me and other will learn a bit about the game...

RE: Cannonfodder vs Soviet AI / Normal
Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:33 pm
by KenchiSulla
Game start relations:
I've got the feeling that Göring is not going to help me out much... We'll find out how much this will affect the campaign.
Von Leeb, Von Bock and Von Rundstedt are my guys in the field. In principle I'll try to meet their needs and enable them to do their job... Gercke and Wagner are not to be sidelined. Logistics are key...
Hitler, I'll follow his goals and when necessary we'll use some influence to bend the strategy. Since Hitler is pleased with me following his directive he gives me some more political freedom... I use the points to free up more resources (oil, synthetic fuel) and get the Luftwaffe to support the ground pounders from 26th of June onwards (further damaging relations of Göring)
RE: Cannonfodder vs Soviet AI / Normal
Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:43 pm
by KenchiSulla
Rail conversion priority:
AGN: Kaunas - Dunaburg
AGC: Brest - Minsk
This means I'll have to clear Brest on turn 1. Normally this should not cause major issues
Fuel allocation will stay unchanged...
AGS security divisions are on mop up duty for a week (This keeps von Rundstedt on my side and will free up regular infantry). They'll transition to anti partisan duty after this period...
RE: Cannonfodder vs Soviet AI / Normal
Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:17 pm
by KenchiSulla
AGN End turn 1

RE: Cannonfodder vs Soviet AI / Normal
Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:42 pm
by KenchiSulla
AGC
Brest falls after surrounding it...

RE: Cannonfodder vs Soviet AI / Normal
Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:49 pm
by KenchiSulla
AGC: End of turn 1

RE: Cannonfodder vs Soviet AI / Normal
Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:03 pm
by KenchiSulla
AGS End of turn 1

RE: Cannonfodder vs Soviet AI / Normal
Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:46 am
by KenchiSulla
AGN turn 2.. Slower then I want... 3rd Motorized is somewhat exposed. I'm going to count on the Soviets not having the AP to do something about it...

RE: Cannonfodder vs Soviet AI / Normal
Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:49 am
by KenchiSulla
One of the more interesting decisions this turn: I've phoned von Bock and he understands and won't report what happened.. The officers involved in the incident are not sent off to the front and as a result will work harder for me...
In effect this means that delegating choices to my Chief of Staff will have a higher chance of having good outcomes...

RE: Cannonfodder vs Soviet AI / Normal
Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:57 am
by KenchiSulla
Decisions turn 2
The Wehrmacht will not work actively with the Einsatzgruppen. Himmler is not happy but von Brauchitsch supports the decision...
Russian oil: We lobby for refining capacity but the Luftwaffe lobby puts a stop to it.. Waste of political influence from my side
German locomotives is delegated
Propaganda: They'll have to find a stand in
Rail Infrastructure: Tracks, tracks, tracks... We'll ignore everything else for now...
AGN will receive the bulk of our tires, leaving AGC short (Leningrad is the objective for now). Von Bock is not pleased
We keep the FSB of AGC where it is for now, the objective is to capture Minsk before we pause and relocate......

RE: Cannonfodder vs Soviet AI / Normal
Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:12 am
by KenchiSulla
AGC: Turn 2. Hoth orders his units to envelop troops to the west of Minsk... AGC grands resources to Hoth..

RE: Cannonfodder vs Soviet AI / Normal
Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:28 am
by KenchiSulla
Current state of logistics (trucks)

RE: Cannonfodder vs Soviet AI / Normal
Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:34 am
by KenchiSulla
AGS end of 2:

RE: Cannonfodder vs Soviet AI / Normal
Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:04 am
by KenchiSulla
So, how does this game play? I'm a pretty fanatic wargamer. I own GG: WitE, WitW and Witp: AE. I love the Grigsby games, don't get me wrong but whenever I play WitE / WitW I get the feeling that I am constantly working to find the optimum solution - in short, finding mathematical solutions...
This game is unique. It genuinely has me worried about the relations with my superiors, subordinates and staff. Constantly I'm forced to make operational decisions, non of them optimal.. You still need logic and reasoning but that will not win you the game.. You'll need leadership and vision as well....
RE: Cannonfodder vs Soviet AI / Normal
Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:04 pm
by KenchiSulla
AGN: Turn 3

RE: Cannonfodder vs Soviet AI / Normal
Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:12 pm
by KenchiSulla
AGC: Turn 3

RE: Cannonfodder vs Soviet AI / Normal
Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:38 pm
by KenchiSulla
AGS: Turn 3

RE: Cannonfodder vs Soviet AI / Normal
Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:31 am
by Speedysteve
Nice aar. The more of these I read the more tempted I am to buy the game!
RE: Cannonfodder vs Soviet AI / Normal
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:55 am
by KenchiSulla
Pripyat fight in August.... 1

RE: Cannonfodder vs Soviet AI / Normal
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:55 am
by KenchiSulla
2
