Page 1 of 1
Abput short-barrel 75mm gun.
Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:09 am
by Psycho
Ive learned that the short-barrel 75mm gun in German tanks was used against infantry, cause it had low velocity, so it wasnt efficient against tanks. But in my game ive seen that the short barrel 75mm gun is more efficient against tanks than the anti-tank guns (at least it early war scenarios). Is this a bug or something?
What type of tanks...
Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:33 am
by Orzel Bialy
are you using it against?
Remember, outside of a good number of the more modern French tanks and the British Matilda, a lot of the armor the Germans were up against were pretty thin-skinned. So the weight of the shot alone could, in theory, allow it to achieve kills against certain enemy vehicles.
However, I can't deny that I have seen the short barrel 75 take out early model T-34's and Somua S-35's many a time either!

I just write it off to the crew having achieved a "critical" hit on a visor or some other weakspot.
Re: What type of tanks...
Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:44 am
by john g
Originally posted by Orzel Bialy
However, I can't deny that I have seen the short barrel 75 take out early model T-34's and Somua S-35's many a time either!
I just write it off to the crew having achieved a "critical" hit on a visor or some other weakspot.
Late war the PzIII with the short 75 will take out Shermans just fine, those heat rounds are deadly.
You just have to accept that short barreled gun is inaccurate as all get out, it may take 3-4 shots to get a hit compared to 1 for a long 75 like the one the Panther carries.
thanks, John.
Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:28 pm
by Irinami
Also depends on what PaK you're comparing it to.