Page 1 of 1

OT - Manila

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:16 am
by Xilana
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Manila_(1945)


EDIT - source changed to wikipedia entry given follow-up expressed concerns. For the record, I'm originally from the Philippines, so I do have some insight into what happened in my home country. My sources include relatives and other individuals who lived through the period. I'm not posting this as an anti-Japan monologue, but rather to state that both sides did horrible things during the conflict.



RE: OT - Sack of Manila

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:31 am
by crsutton
Although there can be no doubt of the many atrocities committed by Japan in the PI and elsewhere, I caution you about posting a source such as this. Nothing is known about it, there are no citations and it is obviously a web site with an agenda. If you go the website's main page, it is old and dated and 3/4ths of the links do not work. If you want to post about this topic, then do so, but I suggest you put up something better than this. There should be many excellent sources out there.

RE: OT - Sack of Manila

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:37 am
by Alpha77
ORIGINAL: crsutton

...I caution you about posting a source such as this. Nothing is known about it, there are no citations ...


Thanks, someone with critical thinking skill [;)]

Took a short look at site and it does not look convincing - also the pics could be from anywhere and/or manufactured. This caution you are talking about I advocate in the Yamamoto thread too :)