Page 1 of 1
SS stugs
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:55 pm
by RCHarmon
I have come back to this game and I have started to games. The one where I am Axis I have a question. Don't stugs drop in as tanks? I have 45 SS stugs now and the number just keeps climbing.
RE: SS stugs
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:23 pm
by Vic
Hi,
Well... it depends.. You say they are SS StuGs right? Do you have any SS units on map who are below their tank complement according to their TOE?
If not that explains.
Might be a good idea to create a new SS unit that needs StuGs/Tanks or throw your existing ones into battle since you have the reserves to send the replacements if losses are incurred.
Best wishes,
Vic
RE: SS stugs
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:45 am
by RCHarmon
I am in a game again and have this problem again. 30 ss stugs at OKH. One SS Division has some, but not the other. They are both in need of tanks. What is also funny is that last turn my unit with the SS Stugs sent 1 back????
Anyway, what unit can I create to get these into the field?
RE: SS stugs
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:20 am
by Vic
Hi RCH,
The Stugs replace the heavier medium tanks ( mkIV) , not the lighter (mk III).
A Stug can be sent back if a propper heavier medium tank (mkIV) becomes available.
If you don't want to keep the SS Stugs in reserve to replace casualties you'd have to create a new SS motorized division. But to get that up to strength you'll have to request more SS troops at high command using your action cards.
Best wishes,
Vic
RE: SS stugs
Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:35 pm
by 75Pak
I just modded the predefined SS Motorized Division with the sub-unit of the Panzer Regiment to include 20 Stugs so the tank unit of the Motorized Division will take 20 of the Stugs off of the hands of the OKH so I don't have a huge group of Stugs piling up at OKH.