Page 1 of 1
Simple test to see if sys damage is excessive
Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:43 am
by CapAndGown
All right all you alpha testers:
I thought of a quick and easy test to determine if sys damage is way overdone (as I believe it is). Take Nagumo and 6 fleet carriers plus assorted escorts, run them over the northern route to Hawaii and then back to Kure. What is the sys damage of the fleet on return? Would you feel comfortable enough with this level of sys damage to immediately send the fleet down south to strike at Darwin, and then send it off into the Indian Ocean to strike at Ceylon?
Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:33 am
by Snigbert
Hey, we already have Kid cracking the whip telling us what to test!
I will get back to you on this when I get my pc back up and running
Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:18 am
by Snigbert
Upon returning to Aomori from their strike on Pearl Harbor, my carriers had the following system damages:
Akagi 1%
Kaga 1%
Hiryu 1%
Soryu 1%
Shokaku 1%
Zuikaku 2%
The two ships with highest system damage were a CL and a DD with 3% Sys damage each.
The Hiei and Kirishima were also in the task force and had 1-2% damage, if you are interested in them.
Needless to say, I wouldn't have any reservations about immediately sending these ships on to the Indian Ocean sorties.
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:39 am
by Nikademus
could you now run some bombardment and fast transport (Tokyo Express) missions?
Thanks!

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:46 am
by tohoku
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Snigbert
Upon returning to Aomori from their strike on Pearl Harbor, my carriers had the following system damages:
[QUOTE]
What on earth were they doing in Aomori?! The port wouldn't be able to support them - it couldn't do it now and certainly couldn't have done it then. You'd be pushing to get more than one carrier *into* Aomori port.
I would *really* like to see the maps of Japan that're being used. The more I hear about them the more I think they've been messed up completely.
Simple way of seeing: do the maps feature Kamaiishi? (The town, not the ship) Those who know their US Navy Pacific history should probably know why this might be important in a campaign game of the war.
tohoku
YMMV
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:03 pm
by Snigbert
could you now run some bombardment and fast transport (Tokyo Express) missions?
I have some testing I need to do first but if I get a chance I'll run these missions. What sort of information are you looking for, system damage?
I actually just sent my PH carriers back to Aomori instead of Osaka or wherever they were supposed to go because I was an idiot and missed the replenishment convoy on their way back so I wanted to get to the closest friendly port. I think Aomori is as size 3 port, IIRC.
Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:37 pm
by Nikademus
SYS damage, yes.
Thanks