Page 1 of 1
Room for one more...
Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:59 pm
by Ron Saueracker
Scenario 17.
Allied or IJN.
Variable arrival times.
100% force levels.
IJN sub doctrine off.
House rules desired:
1) Allied 4E bombers not allowed to be used tactically at 1000ft or lower.
2) Only night ops allowed by aircraft are by dedicated night fight groups or by bombers on naval ops (until the present effectiveness is fixed as results are WAY out of whack).
3) No sub stacking...ruins the game in my opinion.
4) Subs can only base at Truk, Rabaul, Noumea, Brisbane.
Players able to play more than one turn per day most welcome. I'd like to finish a game faster than it took in reality.

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:04 pm
by ganthony91
I will take my northern neighbor to his demise. Terms sound good. Feel free to send a turn if the offer is still open.
dascateer@aol.com
Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 12:10 am
by Grotius
Hiya Ron,
I'm curious about a couple of your house rules:
<< 1) Allied 4E bombers not allowed to be used tactically at 1000ft or lower. >>
So does this imply that "strategic" bombing (e.g., of a port or airfield) is OK at those altitudes? Or do you mean to rule out all bombing by 4-engine bombings at 1000 feet or lower?
<< 2) Only night ops allowed by aircraft are by dedicated night fight groups or by bombers on naval ops (until the present effectiveness is fixed as results are WAY out of whack). >>
Hmm, so what's an example of a 'dedicated night flight group'?
Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 7:52 pm
by Ron Saueracker
Grotious. I meant 4e bombers set at 1000 ft or lower. Unless you have some crack Lancasters and a dam to bomb.
Night ops. I just don't like the fact that night ops are too common and way too effective(vs bases) at the moment. While this is probably going to be addressed, until it is, I'd prefer night ops limited to naval attack and to units which are dedicated to night ops (P70s etc).
Sub basing restrictions are there simply to loosely simulate the need for adequate facilities to support subs. Right now, one can load torps etc. at any port, even if it is a fallen palm tree with a native clutching a legnth of line.
Sub stacking. While this seems to be used to alleviate the lack of "in transit intercept capability" for subs, I believe there are enough "at sea" choke points to merit the no stacking rule. Otherwise, bases turn into colloseums.
Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 9:31 pm
by Grotius
Thanks for the explanation; sounds good to me. I hope we get to read some AARs from you guys.
full up
Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 10:27 pm
by Ron Saueracker
OK GAnthony. Thanks guys.
uv
Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:49 am
by AAED
if u need another opponet- i will give it a shot-contact me at
edschreiner@earthlink.net- thanks for ur attention/ed