Page 1 of 1

OOB Editor and Q on versions

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 10:32 am
by hammerhead
I am finally wading thru the latest version of the SPW@W manual and have learned a LOT.
Thanks for doing this work! There is much new stuff and much to say...hey, I didn't know that!

But although there is a lot of talk about the OOB editor, I can find no way to get to it on my version 4.1. I see now link on the game intro frame.

aAnd BTW I seem to be getting a lot of black spots while using some of the new terrain features.
Do I need some other upgrade than 4.1 to get from 2.3?

------------------
"Mediocrity carries its own price."
It is my pleasure to communicate with you.
Greg - "Hammerhead"

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 10:45 am
by Wild Bill
For some scenarios and the map editor you really need versions 4.2 and 4.3, Hammerhead. Always get the latest to be sure you have everything.

Wild Bill

------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 12:29 am
by hammerhead
Ok but I am confused ...still.

I have a map editor and a scenario editor when to menu pops up after selecting 'EDITOR' in the game....Are you saying there is no OOB editor BEFORE v 4.2 or 4.3 ?

If it is in 4.1 I cannot find it.

Also another Q:

I have upgraded from 2.3 directly to4.1 and have problems puting in some of the new terrain features ...I get blackened hexes.

Should I have gotten the upgrade some other way...perhaps 4.0 first?

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 2:28 am
by Arralen
Originally posted by hammerhead:
I have upgraded from 2.3 directly to4.1 and have problems ...

Should I have gotten the upgrade some other way...perhaps 4.0 first?
RRrrrright !

You'll need the "2.0+ to 4.0 update" first, than you can apply v4.1, 4.2, 4.3beta patch

Arralen

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 2:44 am
by hammerhead
OK

I have upped to 4.2..

But I still do not see anything in the game windows called OOB editor

------------------
"Mediocrity carries its own price."
It is my pleasure to communicate with you.
Greg - "Hammerhead"

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 3:09 am
by kao16
Try looking in the directory where your SPWAW exe file is located, there should be an application called something like Oobedit.exe (there was in my copies of SPWAWv3 and SPWAWv4)


NOTE: The OOB editor is NOT part of the SPWAW game. You have to open a seperate application (oobedit.exe - or some such)

[This message has been edited by kao16 (edited October 10, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by kao16 (edited October 10, 2000).]

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 10:39 am
by Arralen
Originally posted by hammerhead:
OK

I have upped to 4.2..

But I still do not see anything in the game windows called OOB editor
Hope you had this "2.x to 4.0" update in between ??

The Editor is found at "Start"=>"Programms"=>"SPWaW"=>"SPWaW OOB Editor" ..
at least, it should be Image

Arralen


Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 12:49 pm
by frank1970
What is the right and up to date editor?
I find OoB-editor and SpWAW-Editor. Both let you work on OoBs.

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 1:56 pm
by Arralen
Originally posted by Frank:
What is the right and up to date editor?
I find OoB-editor and SpWAW-Editor. Both let you work on OoBs.
Newest one :

SPWaWEditor.exe 1.10.2000 v4.1

if you start your editor, you can find the version number under the menu item "about"

hope this helps

Arralen

[This message has been edited by Arralen (edited October 12, 2000).]

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 3:30 pm
by BA Evans
Go to: Start > Progam Files > Steel Panthers World at War > SPWaW OOB Editor

BA Evans

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 12:30 pm
by frank1970
Thanks! Image

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 10:25 pm
by Don Doom
Hi guys, to let you know if you save the orginal OOB's in a different folder for backup or onlin/pbem. Make sure you have that folder outside of the matrix dir/folder.
I had copyed mine to a folder named OOb2 in the spwaw dir, when I went to play the game it kept giving me page error and would shut down the spwaw main menu, but the game memu was still there and could play! Went back and moved folder outside of matrix dir. Error went away. Ok still learning about this game and my new system Image
Don

Ps How does one setup a online game or pbem? I have never done either before with this type of game.
Thanks.
Keep up the good work Guys.

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 1:13 am
by RUsco
I haave labeled my backups as Original OOBs and havent had any problems. Left it in the main directory.