Page 1 of 1
TOTH-ASL Conversion Values
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:35 pm
by snowbird
Info that may be helpful as a nice graphic. I took the original comparison of ASL/TOTH counters from Richie61 and added additional information for leaders and ELR. The ELR comparison is my best guess.
Update V1.1: Modified ELR list
RE: TOTH-ASL Conversion Values
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:50 pm
by blackcloud6
This is very helpful for scenario conversions.
RE: TOTH-ASL Conversion Values
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:27 am
by DoubleDeuce
Looks good, that's the same ELR conversion I am using and seems to work ok.
RE: TOTH-ASL Conversion Values
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:01 am
by Lannes
Very nice idea
RE: TOTH-ASL Conversion Values
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:12 pm
by jcrohio
I have two observation from this chart (by the way thank you for this - very handy).
First every "D" unit on here has a plus sign (Assault Fire) except the Russian First Line SMG.
Also none of the "E" units have plus signs except the Russian First Line Infantry.
Second is the wording on the ELR rating correct? It seems like I saw a post somewhere where 2 was
Average and 3 was Seasoned (which makes more sense grammatically) instead of what is given with 2
being Seasoned and 3 being Average (which is the way it is given in the manual).
Thanks
Jack
RE: TOTH-ASL Conversion Values
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:24 pm
by snowbird
You are correct. The assault fire values appear to be incorrect. I will check the original and modified terrain files tonight to be sure. Seems to me there is a mixup in some of the Russian units. The Russian SMG units should have assault fire.
The ELR revision makes sense. I will post in the tech support area to be sure. Could be an error in the manual.
Thanks!
RE: TOTH-ASL Conversion Values
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:13 pm
by snowbird
Confirmed that the following order is correct (updated my conversion chart):
(Best to Worst) Veteran, Seasoned, Average, Inexpert
There will be changes to Russian counters for assault fire in the upcoming patch.