Page 1 of 1
Competition and Computer - Retro
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:39 pm
by demyansk
Check out the prices for these computers. Thanks for innovation and capitalism the prices are not even close anymore. Imagine a smartphone for 5000 dollars?
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3062947/ ... tml#slide2
RE: Competition and Computer - Retro
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:27 pm
by wings7
And we are all the better for it, PC gaming has never been better! [:)]
RE: Competition and Computer - Retro
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:58 pm
by Gilmer
I remember a friend paying 2K for a freaking 386 computer in the 90s!
RE: Competition and Computer - Retro
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:49 pm
by cpdeyoung
I carried a IBM PS/2 Model 70 P70 portable to work at clients.
The red plasma display was so beautiful. I loved this computer, and made money with it for years.
Chuck

RE: Competition and Computer - Retro
Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:16 pm
by Rising-Sun
IDK why people want to buy that piece of junks, maybe as collectible. Still trash lol.
RE: Competition and Computer - Retro
Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:22 pm
by Kuokkanen
ORIGINAL: RisingSun
IDK why people want to buy that piece of junks, maybe as collectible. Still trash lol.
Same could be said about old vehicles, musical instruments, and LP record players & discs.
RE: Competition and Computer - Retro
Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:47 am
by demyansk
I bought on eBay one of those handheld collect football games with the little red dots. Mattel also had a real good one.
I almost bought a 5" b/w Panasonic tv since I had one of them in early 80's. Great tv since it somehow was able to grab all the movie channels on the cable system like hbo, Showtime, and others. It was great watching tv movies at the time for free even though it was b/w
RE: Competition and Computer - Retro
Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:46 am
by roymathew
choose a 4 gb ram and install agraphics cars that wil solve your problems