Page 1 of 1
In rememberence
Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 10:33 pm
by Don Doom
Remember the crew of the USS Cole CG67!!
Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 1:28 am
by chief
Don Doom: Well said!!!May those shipmates be avenged.......Chief
Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 1:33 am
by Leibstandarte
I hope that this time the current government leaders will find and destroy whoever is responsible for this. American service members deserve better than to be killed by some cowardly act of terrorism. It's just like the second time I was in Bosnia and bin Laden put a $10,000 bounty on our heads. Enough is enough.
------------------
Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.
Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 2:15 am
by Tom_Davie
Leibstandarte: respectfully, I say that this is not going to end. If the US govenernment gets whoever is reponsible for the attack on the Cole (bin Laden, Islamic Jihad, Iraq, whoever), then there is just going to be another attack somewhere on American interests. Maybe this time they'll go after civilian targets. Who knows?
Does this mean that I think the terrorists (assuming that this is the case) should not be 'gone after'? No; its just that I'm weary of the whole Middle East and the endless cycle of violence. Nothing seems to get solved and political settlements seem to be broken before the ink is dry.
I guess I'm just a cynic who happens to be glad that my country (Canada) shares an undefended border with the US.
Tom
Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 2:24 am
by jsaurman
In 1898 we started a war over something like this, remember the Maine?
So what do you all say, should we declare war against Yemen? That would be a fair fight, wouldn't it?
Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 4:25 am
by troopie
Ten-HUT! Piper! "Flowers of the Forest" if you please.
I feel the President of the United States' tone was far too reasonable. I would have said something "Your f**king dead, terrs! We're going to find you and blow you off the face of the Earth with God's own thunder!"
Avenge the Cole!
troopie
------------------
Pamwe Chete
Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2000 12:20 am
by Grumble
As a guy who's been shot at on two continents, I DO NOT WANT A FAIR FIGHT. If I have to, I want to kill people and break their stuff, without my bro's getting hurt.
BTW, this is not quite the "Maine"-that was the excuse to intervene in Cuba, but US popular opinion was already at fever pitch. There's strong evidence that this WAS a terrorist act.