Page 1 of 1
Interactive Email from Matrix?
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:42 am
by Jim D Burns
Got an email this morning from Matrix that is interactive. It wants me to apply an action and click a link (something a savvy internet user would never do). It also says its my 12 year anniversary when my forum account is from 2002 which would be 14 years if you don't count the two years prior before my account name was changed by someone back in 02 when I joined the development team for battlefields.
So either this is a scam and I wanted to warn others not to click the link. That or Matrix needs a bit of work on their math skills.
Finally if this is a legit email I'd say Matrix needs to re-think the idea that interactive emails are a good marketing idea.
Jim

RE: Interactive Email from Matrix?
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:54 am
by zakblood
posting here will always get a reply from staff who then can advice you either way, now they will be aware of it, or send them an email at support with your question
RE: Interactive Email from Matrix?
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:04 pm
by VPaulus
it's not a scam, it's legit.
Regarding the math, as it's explained in the anniversary coupons thread:
On the Anniversary of the date you register with us you'll get your coupon! This date will be either the date you set up your forum account on Slitherine or Matrix, or the date you registered your first game with us. If you play any PBEM++ games, it could be the first time you logged in to multiplayer, as this automatically registers your serials.
On the Anniversary you'll receive a mail that links you to the coupon generator which is built in to the samelogin.slitherine.com system.
The registration date is take in this priority:
1. The date you registered for the Matrix members area.
2. If you never registered for the Matrix members area, the date you registered for the Matrix forum.
3. If you never did either of the above then the date you registered for the Slitherine site, forum or first played a PBEM++ game.
tm.asp?m=4006249
RE: Interactive Email from Matrix?
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:28 pm
by wings7
Thanks guys for the info! [:)]
RE: Interactive Email from Matrix?
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:05 pm
by Generalisimo
Hi Jim!
Can you forward me the original email that you have received?
Because I am interested in checking the DropDownList that you are you seeing there (this is the first time that someone reported this

)
Please, forward it to my email address:
fernandoturi@slitherine.co.uk
Thanks!

RE: Interactive Email from Matrix?
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:14 pm
by Jim D Burns
ORIGINAL: Generalisimo
DropDownList that you are you seeing there
Email forwarded, but I no longer saw the graphic after I hit forward, so I took a screenshot of the dropdown list for you. I hadn't looked at it before, after seeing it it appears Yahoo mail may have embedded this into your email.
Jim

RE: Interactive Email from Matrix?
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:48 pm
by Generalisimo
Hi Jim!
Thanks, I have already replied to your email. [:)]
But anyway, yes, it looks like Yahoo is embedding that DropDownList... no idea why it is appearing that low, such menu shouldn't appear almost in the middle of the email.


RE: Interactive Email from Matrix?
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:34 pm
by vaalen
Hi Jim,
I wanted to thank you for posting this. it seems like it is okay, but it certainly seemed suspicious, and not everyone is a sophisticated internet user.
I appreciate your looking out for all of us.
Regards,
vaalen