Page 1 of 1

Problems with Parallels

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:07 pm
by Tuhhodge
This is a bit tricky and I suspect there will be very few people able to understand, let alone help. I play games on my Macbook Pro through Parallels 10.

I downloaded Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm Player's Edition through Windows 8.1 operating within Parallels worked and the game installed, as have previous games like WITE, which works flawlessly, including updates, Beta editions and downloaded mods.

The game works fine, however, every time I try to use the Game Menu to update, although the system finds that an update is available - v.2010d, as soon as I click to install the installer says 'unable to download file...An error occurred while trying to open an FTP file'.

Trying to download either onto the mac or into internet explorer within windows doesn't work either. It simply says Safari cannot download data from that page.

[&:]

RE: Problems with Parallels

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:40 pm
by CapnDarwin
My guess is your AV program may be blocking the updater trying to use the FTP. I have that issue. You can try turning it off and doing the update.

RE: Problems with Parallels

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:20 am
by Tuhhodge
Sadly, although I turned off the Windows and Mac firewalls, the same error occurred.

RE: Problems with Parallels

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:29 pm
by CapnDarwin
You should be able to log into the members area and download the update that way instead of the updater. I would also jump over into the Matrix tech support forum and raise the issue with them. They may have better ideas on how to solve this problem than we do.