Page 1 of 1

one down , two to go

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:52 pm
by fuselex
haven`t played the scenario yet , will do in the next couple of days , but have opened the map up.
First impression of what it could be :)


Image

RE: one down , two to go

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:56 pm
by fuselex
looking forward to trying it out :)

RE: one down , two to go

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:05 am
by rico21
[:)]
You're the best Editor I know [&o]

RE: one down , two to go

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:22 pm
by fuselex
just finished playing it .
I like to play every scenario as the attacker first , figure the AI is better suited for defence .
So anyway , I will have a bit of a rant about this scenario :)
For me , infantry combat was the what the squad based games should be about , No problem with a little
bit of AFV support [;)]
This scenario alone forced me into more close combat than I have ever done before in ToTH.
Enjoyed it immensely .
This scenario really stood out , from turn 1 ,I was biting my fingernails right up until turn 8 when I
had to send suicide squads to hopefully capture VP`s [:)]
Loved it [:)]
Thanks all [&o]

RE: one down , two to go

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:43 am
by genesismwt
I agree. I played it for the first time, today. I did the same and played the Germans. I secured three VL's by the end of turn six, but the Russian's counterattacked to make it interesting.

Well done, Rico!


RE: one down , two to go

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:16 am
by rico21
Thanks all [:)]
The Russian side is much (too) easy.
Feel free to add turns in the editor (up to double max.).
The ideal would be to group the German (high or middle or bottom of the starting area) in the editor, to save under another name, and play.

RE: one down , two to go

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:32 pm
by fuselex
replayed it again tonight.
Same enjoyment :)
If I had to rate it out of 5 it would get 4 fonzies and 1 ralph :)
It gets the ralph due to the stress :)
Well done


Image

RE: one down , two to go

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:07 pm
by UP844
A really challenging scenario (if played as the German). Good work, Rico! [&o][&o][&o]

I only managed to scrap a marginal victory by having two panzers enter buildings on the last turn. I am trying a second time, and I just had a stroke of luck, with a Panzer IV scoring a critical hit against the Russian leaded with the radio and the HMG [:D][:D][:D].

I also tried playing the Russians against the German AI: it has been so easy I think it's not worth playing the Red Army.

RE: one down , two to go

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:25 am
by rico21
Thanks Carlo,
I agree with German AI Because The deep defense of Russian Army is too strong.
The trouble is AI can not scripting like Battle Academy for example.
It shoulds a second scenario adapted for German AI.
I will see.
You are very lucky, you'll need it for Operation Tonga![:D]

RE: one down , two to go

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:40 pm
by UP844
I managed to win this scenario finally... at the fourth attempt!

The medium/low approach didn't work: after taking horrendous casualties, I never managed to break the Russian defence in depth before turn 6. This time, I opted for the upper route and everything went - more or less (see note) - according to the plan.

@Rico: luck is not always on my side: my PzIV F2 took a hit from the Russian 76 IG and went through the shock > unconfirmed kill > kill progress. I never thought it could kill my panzer [8|]





Image

RE: one down , two to go

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:09 pm
by fuselex
I know exactly how you feel UP844.
I also thought I had a plan but those damn pigeons kept doing what pigeons do :)

Image

RE: one down , two to go

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:24 pm
by rico21
[:D]


Image

RE: one down , two to go

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:38 pm
by fuselex
But then I had an idea [:)]

Image

RE: one down , two to go

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:48 pm
by rico21
[:D] Me too!


Image

RE: one down , two to go

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:59 pm
by fuselex
Maybe , but did you bring enough pots along ?

Image

RE: one down , two to go

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:18 pm
by rico21
The otto buddies will take charge...


Image