Page 1 of 1

Hello

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:06 pm
by Lorenzo from Spain
After a long illness, I ‘m back. And still alive (but more or less as strong as the German army during the 41' winter). Sorry, mates, I can ́t say good bay wen I fell sick

Well, I still can ́t go to work, so I ́ve plenty time to play now.

The life is going on. And still writing about HQ mules in the forum! There are things that seem eternal... The more important questions in the history of Humanity: Who am me? Where we come from? and Can I use the HQ mules?

Jokes apart, someone wants to play a PEBM with me? Íd like to play some new strategies in 41 campaign: as German, go more slowly but destroy the Red Army, searching to resist the winter counteroffensive. As Russian (difficult), try to slow the German advance but maintain strong the Red Army for the winter counteroffensive, even losing Moscow (as said Kutusov in Borodino, against Napoleon: if we retreat, wéll lose Moscow; but if we still fight, wéll lose both Moscow and the Russian army, and so the war. But in this time there were not factories in Moscow....

About the 3.3: I cańt play PEBM in 41 campaign, even using the PEBM program enabling and disabling. So I ́ve begin in 3.2, saved without moving, copied the files in 3.3 and played my first turn as German. It seems that nothing is wrong. The rail moves and production seem OK. Someone knows?:confused:

Re: Hello

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:22 pm
by davewolf
Originally posted by Lorenzo from Spain
The more important questions in the history of Humanity: Who am me? Where we come from? and Can I use the HQ mules?

ROFLMAO!

:D

No experience with v3.3 yet BTW.

Lorenzo I copied this from another topic

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:58 pm
by jimkehn
......and it works


I got this off Dave's FAQ page. I tried it and it seems to work, as I now can PBEM '41 campaign. Note that you must type obwir ('41 Campaign File names) for obfb (FallBlau File Names):

Q:
I recently downloaded WIR 3.1 with no apparent bugs until... I tried send my 1942 Campaign (German) by PBEM. After combat, as soon as I clicked off the final tally reports, it switches to the Soviet player turn. I don't have this problem playing "41" or "43". Is anyone else having this problem?

A:
To fix it do this: Go into WiR folder that you want to use for the pbem game (i have a complete wir folder for each seperate game). Start the editwir.exe programe and you will get a black dos window with a bunch of command lists. Type in the following. (not the stuff in brackets '()') note that i use upper case but that is not important.

L (for load)
X (for all files)
obfb (the '42 scenerio)
enter ('42 scen now loaded)
S (store)
X (all files)
obfb ('42 scen)
enter ('42 scen now resaved)

Re: Lorenzo I copied this from another topic

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:38 pm
by Lorenzo from Spain
Originally posted by JimKehn
......and it works


I got this off Dave's FAQ page. I tried it and it seems to work, as I now can PBEM '41 campaign. Note that you must substitute obwir ('41 Campaign File names) for obfb:


It didn´t work. Even I substitued obwir for obmos, but still didn´t work.

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:49 pm
by jimkehn
Sorry that didn't work for you. It worked perfectly for me. I just typed obwir and not obfb.

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:56 pm
by Lorenzo from Spain
Originally posted by JimKehn
Sorry that didn't work for you. It worked perfectly for me. I just typed obwir and not obfb.


So type obwir? Yes, now it works!! Please, don´t say to me stupid. Thanks, thanks.:D

Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:02 pm
by jimkehn
Sorry, I changed that to "Type" as I must be more clear, realizing that English isn't everyone's first language:p

Re: Hello

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:21 am
by Ed Cogburn
Originally posted by Lorenzo from Spain
After a long illness, I ‘m back. And still alive



Nice to see you back Lorenzo!

Old friend back

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 4:42 pm
by czerpak
Hi Lorenzo,
I was wondering what's up with you. Sorry for your health problems, anyways good to have you back.
I am up for a game ( or two) so mail me with ideas and we will work something out. My new email czerpak@op.pl
Czerpak

Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:43 pm
by matt.buttsworth
glad to hear you are not better.

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:39 pm
by loveman2
hi lorenzo ,
its good to have see you back on the forum:)