Page 1 of 1

So what's the deal with Artillery - FOs

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 9:19 pm
by Windo von Paene
Now I thought that I read that having an FO would allow for bombardments to be brought in more quickly. Last night I was the Russkies in 43, and had some artillery and so I picked up a tracked FO, thinking I'd be able to quickly bring down hellfire from my 203 battery.

However, once the 203 was not out of contact > Image I went to the bombard screen, and found that my time to target was 2.1...

Is there a trick to this? What am I missing here...

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 9:39 pm
by Drake
Some of the tracked Fos dont work right Windo, so always buy infantry FOs and you should get a 1.1 delay on your arty. Also if you want the more mobile FOs just do a few tests and find the ones that work good.

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 10:13 pm
by Windo von Paene
Thanks Drake, that was what I expected. Knew that was too good to be true Image

Not as good as the Doomsday weapon but zipping that bad boy around and dropping 203 shells would have been pretty sweet.

Guess I'll just have to get a nice transport vehicle to haul the FOs around in.

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2000 12:38 am
by Arralen
Originally posted by Drake:
Some of the tracked FOs dont work right Windo,..
Would be nice to know exactly which unit don't work correctly - only than we could do something to fix it Image


Arralen



Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2000 12:54 am
by troopie
Since I have always gotten better results from foot FOs than vehicle FOs. I always buy foot FOs. They can ride on a tank to keep up with the armour. I just have to remember do drop them off before the tank goes into action

troopie

------------------
Pamwe Chete

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2000 7:21 pm
by Tsknrdr
Arralen,

I know for a fact that niether of the Kraut tracked FO vehicles work properly. I don't know about the kubelwagen FO, but I think it is broken as well.


Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2000 7:43 pm
by Windo von Paene
Well Arralen it was a Genreated battle in the summer of 43, and I believe I only had once choice as the Russian for a Tracked FO. That would be the one to fix. Just checked it. It's called the "carrier FO"

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2000 6:30 pm
by Arralen
.. moving to top Image

Is this fixed in 4.4 ??

A.