Page 1 of 1

road to Smolensk

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:27 pm
by pbhawkin1
Hi,
New player here and have only played the Road to Minsk and now the Road to Smolensk(RtS).
I must say that this game brings back great memories of playing the counter game Europa (I remember the whole
of the East front layed out on a large table in a spare room for just over a year!!).

Anyway, the game finished with a minor Soviet victory 783 v 1500ish. I had surrounded Smolensk and had started attacking it from turn 8.
Is this a reasonable outcome? I felt a little unlucky on turn 9 not to have taken it. Have people got Moscow or other VP cities?

regards
Peter

RE: road to Smolensk

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:53 pm
by Peltonx
PM

MT he is looking to help guys for down under.

I can't open you file.

You can email me info - pdf - if you like and I will try and help

RE: road to Smolensk

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:56 pm
by Michael T
Aussies have to stick together.

RE: road to Smolensk

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:07 pm
by MButtsworth
I agree. I am from Perth Western Australia and love the game

RE: road to Smolensk

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:33 pm
by pbhawkin1
Hi guys,
Thanks for the offers.
I used a program called '7zip', maybe I will have to try the proper 'winzip' program.

RE: road to Smolensk

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:04 am
by pbhawkin1
try this as a zip file.
the password is : "password" (couldn't find where to turn off the password setting.

RE: road to Smolensk

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:53 am
by Icier
Glad to have you with us....Aussie, Aussie, Aussie

RE: road to Smolensk

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:57 am
by Icier
Sorry mate...didnt work

RE: road to Smolensk

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:23 am
by pbhawkin1
it should be a .sav file and so I guess you have to put it in your DAT/save folder and open it as a load game.