Command & Conquer Generals
Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:39 am
Fired it up today and boy was I suprised...
This is the most visually stunning "pseudo-strategy game" I've ever seen.
Don't even think about trying it if your system is more than about 18 months old. Even a year old system will not play it at maximum detail..
Scud Launchers, Bio-Terrorism, Carpet Bombing, this one has it all..
Russians got axed for the Chinese... The "TRUE" opponent for the US... The GLA Terrorist group is also in the mix..
At first I was very dissapointed by the game redesigned mechanics such as the now almost "forced" aggressive strategy in order to progress in the game. You can no longer play defensively as before. However there is more than enough to offset this, such as the ability to fortify buildings and "defend forward" and so on..
Overall a different and interesting C&C... Can't really render a real verdict as I've barely scratched the surface...
But I'm guessing anyone whose looking for an plethera of special effects, brilliant if not absolutely spectacular 3D graphics, and the same old dull AI is going to love this game, assuming you have an equally spectacular pc to run it on...
This is the most visually stunning "pseudo-strategy game" I've ever seen.
Don't even think about trying it if your system is more than about 18 months old. Even a year old system will not play it at maximum detail..
Scud Launchers, Bio-Terrorism, Carpet Bombing, this one has it all..
Russians got axed for the Chinese... The "TRUE" opponent for the US... The GLA Terrorist group is also in the mix..
At first I was very dissapointed by the game redesigned mechanics such as the now almost "forced" aggressive strategy in order to progress in the game. You can no longer play defensively as before. However there is more than enough to offset this, such as the ability to fortify buildings and "defend forward" and so on..
Overall a different and interesting C&C... Can't really render a real verdict as I've barely scratched the surface...
But I'm guessing anyone whose looking for an plethera of special effects, brilliant if not absolutely spectacular 3D graphics, and the same old dull AI is going to love this game, assuming you have an equally spectacular pc to run it on...