Page 1 of 1
Game wont start at all
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:04 pm
by Remigius
As of yesterday everything worked, but today, all I get is the startscreen with the butten play distant worlds. The button produces the klicking sound and the animation, but after that, nothing happens at all.
No error message are given. I have restored some txt. files from a mod, which I had altered, with the unchanged files from the mod, but that didn't help.
Anything I can do, short of reinstalling everything?
RE: Game wont start at all
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:29 am
by Retreat1970
When that happened to me ,while modding, it was always because of a typo or a missing semi-colon somewhere.
RE: Game wont start at all
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:09 am
by johanwanderer
ORIGINAL: Remigius
As of yesterday everything worked, but today, all I get is the startscreen with the butten play distant worlds. The button produces the klicking sound and the animation, but after that, nothing happens at all.
No error message are given. I have restored some txt. files from a mod, which I had altered, with the unchanged files from the mod, but that didn't help.
Anything I can do, short of reinstalling everything?
* Start with renaming your "Customization" folder to something else, says "Customization.1", and create an empty "Customization" folder.
* Start the game. If it runs, Continue to the next step.
* Start moving various mods from "Customization.1" back into "Customization". Run DW after each mod moved. If it crashes, you have found the borked mod. Focus your attention there.
Check the log file in the game's folder. It should show you a stack trace pointing to where it crashed. You might be able to figure out exactly what is wrong there.
RE: Game wont start at all
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:02 am
by Remigius
Thank you, I have found the error, an obsolete comma.