Page 1 of 1

Distant Worlds CTDing after 2 minutes of play

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:48 pm
by work
No error messages thrown, no discernible triggers/causes. As far as I could tell directx dialog didn't pick anything up. Have steam version, windows 10, only AV is windows defender.

Very strange as I was recently running a torrented version of DW (don't worry I bought it at full price) and I had no issues with crashing. I removed all files from my previous instillation before installing this one off steam.

Need to run, let me know if you need any more info.

RE: Distant Worlds CTDing after 2 minutes of play

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:41 pm
by johanwanderer
If it's a fresh Win 10 install, you might want to try this fix (reply #3 in the thread): http://steamcommunity.com/app/261470/di ... 006289157/

Hope that helps,
- Long.

RE: Distant Worlds CTDing after 2 minutes of play

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:46 pm
by SirFinbar
Need some help with this, there's a clear issue with Win10 going on.