Page 1 of 13
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:53 am
by wings7
The latest for this iconic franchise will be released October 21st! [:)]
https://civilization.com/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/289070/
Patrick
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:06 pm
by Greybriar
Just one _ more _ month. I hope it's worth the wait.
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:17 pm
by wings7
ORIGINAL: Greybriar
Just one _ more _ month. I hope it's worth the wait.
Me too...I haven't been disappointed yet! [:)]
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:34 pm
by warspite1
Well I've just watched a few of the videos and I too am exited about this. Civ V was such a disappointment. I just hope my old computer can take the strain......
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:38 pm
by Orm
ORIGINAL: warspite1
Well I've just watched a few of the videos and I too am exited about this. Civ V was such a disappointment. I just hope my old computer can take the strain......
My computer could not take the strain of Civ V. [:D]
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:46 pm
by Yogi the Great
Actually I may be in the minority that didn't mind CIV V
Will have to have Civ VI and it does look good. I was a little disappointed to see the leaders being cartoonish, but that will matter little if the game is good.
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:51 pm
by LarryP
I hope Civ6 won't cheat like Civ5 does. Civ4 has been the best in my opinion, with the Sword of the Stars DLC.
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:20 pm
by Max 86
ORIGINAL: LarryP
I hope Civ6 won't cheat like Civ5 does. Civ4 has been the best in my opinion, with the Sword of the Stars DLC.
I agree. Still play Civ4 more than any of the others, but looking forward to Civ6. Sounds like they have really moved the series forward with this release.
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:56 pm
by LarryP
Looking at the pictures of Civ6, I don't see much difference from Civ5?! I hope there are differences in the details.
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:26 pm
by wings7
ORIGINAL: LarryP
Looking at the pictures of Civ6, I don't see much difference from Civ5?! I hope there are differences in the details.
You can explore the Civilization site, for the details of Civilization VI...
https://civilization.com/
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:33 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: wings7
ORIGINAL: LarryP
Looking at the pictures of Civ6, I don't see much difference from Civ5?! I hope there are differences in the details.
You can explore the Civilization site, for the details of Civilization VI...
https://civilization.com/
warspite1
Seems a good deal different - not least that (limited) stacking is back. The cities are no longer one hex affairs - which is good and cities not by the coast can still build dockyards and ports. No more workers building endless roads (one bad thing about Civ IV) as trade itself builds them. I like the Wonder builds too. A lot of stuff here.
Dare I say it looks promising?
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:38 pm
by Yogi the Great
ORIGINAL: LarryP
Looking at the pictures of Civ6, I don't see much difference from Civ5?! I hope there are differences in the details.
Really?
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:45 pm
by Pvt_Grunt
This is big news 👍
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:20 pm
by Jim D Burns
Couple of the programmers have been posting developer videos recently, the game looks great. I may even get this before the reviews come out, even though history tells me to wait on purchasing games these days.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... EeMlcNpQ1b
Edit: Changed the link to all their livestreams.
Jim
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:01 pm
by Zorch
I'll hold off on Civ 6 until the first expansion comes out.
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:02 pm
by LarryP
ORIGINAL: warspite1
ORIGINAL: wings7
ORIGINAL: LarryP
Looking at the pictures of Civ6, I don't see much difference from Civ5?! I hope there are differences in the details.
You can explore the Civilization site, for the details of Civilization VI...
https://civilization.com/
warspite1
Seems a good deal different - not least that (limited) stacking is back. The cities are no longer one hex affairs - which is good and cities not by the coast can still build dockyards and ports. No more workers building endless roads (one bad thing about Civ IV) as trade itself builds them. I like the Wonder builds too. A lot of stuff here.
Dare I say it looks promising?
I only looked at the slideshow pics. I also never read anything about it, just saw a few pictures.
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:29 pm
by terje439
Soooo long still. Really waiting for this game, but then again, I have been like that for them all. When the first screenies came out I was dubious, but after watching quite a few videos, I have to say that it looks promising.
I do however expect that it will only come to full life after a DLC or three [8|]
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:36 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: Zorch
I'll hold off on Civ 6 until the first expansion comes out.
warspite1
+1
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:14 am
by Rising-Sun
Doubt if I will like it, part five didn't even impress me either. Just too cartoonish and hoping they will become realistic.
I still like part three and four over any of them.
RE: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:11 am
by altipueri
Civ 2 is my favourite. In fact this thread just caused me to waste the last two hours playing it. Since 4 it went cartoonish. 3 was Ok but corruption gets me down.
I can play Civ2 on my netbook and Win 10 tablet even - though I can't get those advisers to work on the tablet. "Can't run an empire without luxuries, king."