Page 1 of 1

Steel Tigers Progress

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:37 pm
by Jugger
I believe the original posts were from June/July last year for the announcement of "Steel Tigers" the spiritual successor to "Steel Panthers". I also read a recent interview with Joe Billings which touched on some facets of the game namely that it will be broken down into theatres of war with the first being the Eastern Front due to the enormous size of each theatre. Just wondering how the game is progressing and if there was an other information that could be passed on to the forum - not expecting screenshots or release date information just some general information on how the project is going and what we might expect in the way of updates in the next 6 to 12 months? Any news would be greatly appreciated[:)]

RE: Steel Tigers Progress

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:07 pm
by VPaulus
A couple weeks ago: [:)]
fb.asp?m=4147492

Also check Wodin's interview to Joel Billings:
http://www.awargamersneedfulthings.co.u ... lings.html

RE: Steel Tigers Progress

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:24 pm
by Mylesmata
I somehow missed Wodin's interview. Great stuff!

RE: Steel Tigers Progress

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:32 pm
by wodin
Thanks! Keep dropping by:)

RE: Steel Tigers Progress

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:38 pm
by Jugger
Thanks for the updates VPaulus and Wodin much appreciated. I hope the editor is available with the initial release? I found the original editor that came with "Steel Panthers" somewhat clunky and cumbersome so will be wishing the "Steel Tigers" editor will be somewhat more user friendly.
I believe breaking the game down into specific theatres of war is also a good idea as it will allow for the creation of region specific terrain, buildings and infrastructure whereas the original "Steel Panthers" was somewhat generic in nature encompassing the same type of buildings regardless of where the battle was taking place. So hopefully we will have the means at our disposal to build a "Stalingrad Tractor Factory" or "Atlantic War bunker complex".[:)]

RE: Steel Tigers Progress

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:59 pm
by Riitaoja2
Thank you for the interview. Very well written and interesting reading.

ORIGINAL: Jugger72
I found the original editor that came with "Steel Panthers" somewhat clunky and cumbersome so will be wishing the "Steel Tigers" editor will be somewhat more user friendly.
Are you talking about the map / scenario editor that came with all the previous Steel Panthers games? Beacause in my opinion it was the simplest and most user friedly editor I have ever used before or since.

Or do you mean some of the fan made editors like the ones that can be used to edit OOB files or do some other more advanced changes to graphics files or maps, etc? Those are ofcourse more difficult to use but were not really officially part of the games.

RE: Steel Tigers Progress

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:08 am
by Kuokkanen
ORIGINAL: Jugger72

I believe breaking the game down into specific theatres of war is also a good idea as it will allow for the creation of region specific terrain, buildings and infrastructure whereas the original "Steel Panthers" was somewhat generic in nature encompassing the same type of buildings regardless of where the battle was taking place. So hopefully we will have the means at our disposal to build a "Stalingrad Tractor Factory" or "Atlantic War bunker complex".[:)]
As long as Finland is part of the series [;)]