Page 1 of 1
Windows 10 UAC Box
Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:35 am
by demyansk
I am using Windows 10 and I guess an update came out the other day. Now, when I click on a program on the desktop or taskbar I get the user account box comes up and asks me if I want to change, do you want the app to make changes to your device. It looks like it only asks if I have the little shield as administrator on it.
This never happened before. How do I change a desktop icon from admin to non-admin?
thanks
RE: Windows 10 UAC Box
Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:51 am
by Mylesmata
Not heard of that before, but if you right-click and go to 'properties' of the shortcut, there should be a button called 'advanced' where you can deselect run as administrator.
RE: Windows 10 UAC Box
Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:50 pm
by Qwixt
The little shield on an icon denotes that it wants administrator rights. The UAC prompt that you see is what grants the rights to the program. AS mentioned, if you right-click the icon, go to properties, then the compatibility tab, you will see run as admin checkbox. Keep in mind that setting compatibility to earlier versions of windows like XP, 98, or 95 will cause the program to run in admin mode as well.