Page 1 of 1
Time lapse of Saturn
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:16 am
by Aurelian
RE: Time lapse of Saturn
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:58 am
by Max 86
very cool. Can't wait for the Cassini probe to go between the rings and the planet. Should provide some amazing images. Love the hex, proves without a doubt, wargamers rule the solar system! [&o] [:)]
RE: Time lapse of Saturn
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:28 am
by wings7
Awesome! Thanks for posting! [:)]
RE: Time lapse of Saturn
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:58 pm
by Orm
Thank you for sharing. [&o] [:)]
RE: Time lapse of Saturn
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:57 pm
by Neilster
Wake up sheeple! This is just CGI. Space travel is impossible until we develop some amazing future tech.
Saturn is a ridiculous distance away. How did they get this "video" from Saturn to here? How are they powering this supposed spacecraft? I can't believe anyone believes this obvious fakery [8|]
Cheers, Neilster
RE: Time lapse of Saturn
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:02 pm
by Orm
This is just CGI.
Ha. You believe that is CGI?! There is no such thing as CGI. Both computers and virtual stuff is hokum. It is just a scheme created by our leaders to pacify the people and stop us from getting any exercise. Everyone knows that moving around is bad for the health so therefore the "scientists" created something to make us sit down and be happy about it.
This is obviously hand painted!
RE: Time lapse of Saturn
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:12 pm
by Neilster
I was going to keep trolling, because it's fun, but I don't want anyone to waste their time on angry posts.
I'm actually a huge space nerd with a special interest in rocketry and robotic interplanetary spacecraft [:'(]
Hang on...I think I'm picking up some signals right now...
Cheers, Neilster

RE: Time lapse of Saturn
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:24 am
by Aurelian
Drat. Foiled again.....
RE: Time lapse of Saturn
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:22 am
by MakeeLearn
ORIGINAL: Neilster
I was going to keep trolling, because it's fun, but I don't want anyone to waste their time on angry posts.
I'm actually a huge space nerd with a special interest in rocketry and robotic interplanetary spacecraft [:'(]
Hang on...I think I'm picking up some signals right now...
Cheers, Neilster
Then you may already have Obiter, if not:
tm.asp?m=4160353
RE: Time lapse of Saturn
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:19 am
by Neilster
Orbiter is very cool (and freeware!) but I don't have time to really get into it. I enjoy what others are doing with it though. I like the "what-ifs" such as the Soviet N-1. For anyone not familiar with this, it was the Soviet Moon rocket. They tried to cut corners and it blew up all four times they tried to fly it, which is a pity as in its own way it was a very cool rocket with some advanced features.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N1_(rocket)
Here's an Orbiter video of a successful Soviet Lunar mission...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55VeMPrzDRc
Cheers, Neilster

RE: Time lapse of Saturn
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:27 pm
by mikkey
Nice, thanks for sharing Aurelian.