Page 1 of 1
Reinforcing question
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:38 pm
by Cheesehead
Hi
I'm playing single player, Allies against AI Axis. I've had a number of understrength ships in UK ports. I can reinforce them up to 8 points, but nothing greater. They are at supply level 10 and UK has plenty of MPPs. Why can't I reinforce them to full strength of 10?
Thanks
John
RE: Reinforcing question
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:09 pm
by xwormwood
You need to take a look on the harbor strength level.
A strength 5 port will only be able to reinforce naval units up to 8 strength points.
For 10 strength points you need a bigger port (strength level 6-10).
RE: Reinforcing question
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:58 pm
by BillRunacre
This sounds like a bug. Are the UK's towns and cities at low strength too?
RE: Reinforcing question
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:49 pm
by Goodmongo
ORIGINAL: Bill Runacre
This sounds like a bug. Are the UK's towns and cities at low strength too?
Bet he's referring to the ports in Ireland or in the Med.
RE: Reinforcing question
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:59 pm
by Cheesehead
OK, I looked at the Port and that is not the problem. I have a CA at 8 that cannot reinforce to 10 in the major port of London. London has not been bombed or damaged in any way. Any other ideas?
Thanks
John
RE: Reinforcing question
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:48 pm
by BillRunacre
Hi John
Just to check, is it the case that the port of London is at strength 12?
Thanks
Bill
RE: Reinforcing question
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:18 pm
by Cheesehead
I don't see a strength of 12 when I inspect the properties of London. It has a supply of 5 and it also has a 100% in the box at the bottom of the screen. How do I see the strength of the port?
RE: Reinforcing question
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:37 pm
by sPzAbt653
In this shot, London Port has a Supply Value of 12 [which can also be seen in the lower right]. The little green 1 next to the 12 is the AAA Value [green indicating that it can be upgraded]. London itself is at 9 Supply Value [it has been bombed]. SOme of my graphics are different from yours, but the Supply numbers will still be the same.
Notice the other towns are at 8. What are you seeing in your game ?

RE: Reinforcing question
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:05 pm
by Cheesehead
OK, in my map there is a brown 5 in port of London. That must be why I can't reinforce the ship beyond 8. Next question: Why is supply so low? England has not been bombed or shelled. How do I get supply back up?
Thanks
John
RE: Reinforcing question
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:29 pm
by sPzAbt653
Ok, thanks for clarifying. Sounds like a bug, as Bill mentioned in post #3. Something similar has been mentioned elsewhere. See the screenshot again - does London have the UK Flag on it in your game ? If not, please wait for Bill or Hubert to respond as they know what is going on here, I think. Meanwhile, save your game in case they need it.
RE: Reinforcing question
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:42 pm
by Cheesehead
no, there is no Union Jack. I will save it. Do I need to contact those fellows you mentioned?
Thanks for the help.
John
RE: Reinforcing question
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:17 am
by sPzAbt653
I don't think you need to contact them yet. They monitor these threads. Plus, I'm pretty sure is the known bug where the UK accidentally relocates its' capitol from London to Canada or Egypt, I think. I haven't seen it myself [been playing this everyday since June], sorry it turned up in your game [:(]
They may have it solved for the next patch, or they may need your save.
RE: Reinforcing question
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:08 pm
by BillRunacre
Hi Cheeshead
It looks like a bug. If you send me a save turn, preferably zipped up, via either email or WeTransfer then I'll happily take a look.
My email is
bill.runacre@furysoftware.com
Thanks
Bill