Page 1 of 1

Help!!!missing vid998.smk.

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2000 7:42 pm
by LT Vyktum
Where can I download said file/path..thanks in advance.

------------------
Roses are red..violets are blue..I'm schizophrenic..and so am I.

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2000 8:25 pm
by Wild Bill
That is a HUGE file, my friend, 60 megs. No way to e-mail it to you. Are you sure you don't have it? Did you delete yours?

I don't know of anyplace you can download this monster.

What version of the game do you have? I think you might need to reinstall the game and allow it to put back the file.

Sorry I don't have better news for you....WB

------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2000 8:44 pm
by jsaurman
Doesn't this install when the game installs? How is it possible that you don't have it/deleted it? Is this actually a Windows/System file that is used by other games or programs, or is it strictly for use by Steel Panthers?

I don't know these answers, and I don't think anyone else except the folk here who did the programming on SPWAW know for sure, so we will just have to wait until one of them responds.

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2000 9:55 pm
by Tom_Davie
Email at either thomas_davie@hotmail.com or thodavie@home.com, and I'll email you my ftp address where I've got the missing file you can download. I'm at work right now (2:53 pm CST), and will be home by about 5:30 pm CST.

I've got a cable connection, so it doesn't matter to me how long it takes for you to snag the file.

Tom


Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2000 12:34 am
by Peregrine Falcon
Originally posted by Wild Bill:
That is a HUGE file, my friend, 60 megs. No way to e-mail it to you. Are you sure you don't have it? Did you delete yours?


Well I really like to delete mine - But then SPWAW does not work... I really like to know reason for this.
Credits MUST roll?

And its so huge - Mostly containing _static_ video (background), NOT the best solution from technical point of view.
(and I think it was in 4.0 patch - Why when original install (1.0) contained it anyway?..)

You really cant even replace it, or make it smaller (using SMACK-tools) Image