Page 1 of 2

Three cheers for the blizzard!

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:08 am
by CapAndGown
Well the weather outside is frightful,
but the game is so delightful,
So as long as the phone lines stay open,
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

(For those of you who are unaware, the northeastern US was put out of action yesterday, not by your standard B-17 airfield attack, but a whopping big blizzard. Gaming all day! :cool: )

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:10 am
by Admiral DadMan
You got yours yesterday, we get ours today...

Whoopdeedoo!

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:43 am
by Ron Saueracker
We go to work anyway...bummer.:(

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:52 am
by Point Luck
The State of Delaware is still under a State of Emergency. Whats that mean.

It means that we are not allowed on the highways, hence NO WORK just UV

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:59 am
by Mr.Frag
Wimps!

You call that snow??? I call that a normal spring day :D

When you don't have to go upstairs to climb out a window to shovel out your door so you can open it, you just don't know what snow is :eek:

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:05 am
by Point Luck
WIMPS?

Hey call me anything you want, as long I can get paid to stay home and play UV.

Life is Good

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:19 am
by rcwkent
We're just huddled inside playing UV.

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:22 am
by SoulBlazer
I'm in Rhode Island, and it's been snowing like mad since this morning....did'nt have to go anywhere today anyway due to the holiday but I just found out my college class is canceled for tommorow also! Yay! :)

Now if only Drex and Grotius would speed up turns. :D

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:24 am
by U2
Originally posted by rcwkent
We're just huddled inside playing UV.


Just wacthed a report from NYC on Swedish tv...man looks like you're snowed in good:)

On a sad note 9 people have died due to the blizzard

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:36 am
by msaario
Now you can put to good use all those big 4x4's the US is crammed with!

Snow tires, anyone?

--Mikko

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 2:09 am
by CapAndGown
Originally posted by SoulBlazer

Now if only Drex and Grotius would speed up turns. :D


Doesn't Grotius live in Washington, the center of the storm? Apparently they had two feet of the stuff. He should be sending a bunch of turns! :)

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 2:25 am
by Admiral DadMan
Originally posted by msaario
Now you can put to good use all those big 4x4's the US is crammed with!

Snow tires, anyone?

--Mikko
With mud-bogger moron wanna-bes behind the wheel thinking they can plow through the stuff without a care.

Then I laugh as I drive past the stuck ones in my front wheel drive minivan...

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 2:51 am
by Attack Condor
Have had my second turn from Grotius already today... (I told him to use the "batteries are dead on the shovel...and the stores are closed" excuse to keep playing - or the ever popular "I'm checking the radar at weather.com").

Enjoy the snow, I just finsihed shoveling out the car here yesterday :D (I must have really cheesed off a snow plow driver in another life :( )

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:23 am
by Drex
Soulblazer: are you waiting for a turn from me? I'm waiting on you.:) I took the day off in honor of you guys back east enduring all that bad weather bu playing UV. Greg where's your turn?

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:25 am
by Drex
In Chico California all we get is big rain drops:p

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:38 pm
by Sonny
Originally posted by U2
...........

On a sad note 9 people have died due to the blizzard


That is beacause they didn't stay inside and play UV. A lesson too late learned.:(

this blows

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:41 pm
by boomboom
20 yards of driveway,snow up to my waist.I want to move to calif.

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:52 pm
by Point Luck
Hey Boom

This reminds of the 96 storm In was living up in NE Philly the city never plowed our road. I've been shoveling for two days now. I have drifts as deep as 6 feet, just to get to where my car is buried. Love those snow plows, they just keep on pushing it around the cars. Right now I'd trade my UV game for a snow blower or two teenage kids with snow shovels.

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:28 pm
by CapAndGown
Originally posted by Point Luck
Right now I'd trade my UV game for a snow blower or two teenage kids with snow shovels.


Ack! Sacralige! Blasphemy! He's a witch, burn him!

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:32 pm
by Point Luck
Ack! Sacralige! Blasphemy! He's a witch, burn him!


Forgive Me I don't know what I'm saying. Loss of O2 from shoveling this *$#& snow