Page 1 of 1
SP2 1.1 Patch - anyone got it?
Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 2:07 pm
by James P
Happened to come across my old SP2 CD and fancy a game. I've got it working on XP, but I can't find the 1.1 patch anywhere. The SSI site seems to no longer exist, an the link on the Wargamer site is broken - can anyone help out?
Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:42 pm
by Voriax
Games Domain?
Voriax
Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:00 pm
by Jim1954
Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:39 pm
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Now of course, another interesting question.
Anyone that would play SP2 is clearly an SP fan.
And anyone that would be concerned about getting a patch, is likely sufficiently concerned about their game, they would likely want it to be the best game possible.
That said, and even though I went out recently and intentionally bought a retail copy of SP2 (plus scenarios cd), I am wondering why you would prefer original SP2 over the revised much tweaked and likely better game SPMBT over at Wargamer.com.
Although not all of us are rabid fans, I have a friend that sees no hassle with just playing the first original Steel Panthers.
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:29 pm
by James P
Yes, I discovered SPMBT while looking for the patch, and spend the whole of yesterday playing it! also joined the mailing list. I think I will stick with this, but for "old school" completeness I think I'll have my patched version of SP2 standing by

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:20 am
by Huffy
If you still want the SP2 1.1 patch.....it is at UBI.com under patches.
take care
Huffy

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:47 am
by TheOverlord
Hi James P!
If you like SP2, check out SPMBT:
http://www.wargamer.com/spcammo/page4.asp
The folks at SPCAMO did for SP2 and modern warfare what Matrix Games has done for SP1 and WW2 era warfare.
MUCH better, lots of additions, MANY more countries, more equipment etc. And it is free, downloadable (dont worry about misplacing your cd's anymore

)
If you grab this and want a game, I am up for it!
I have a game going now with a friend in slot 0 (you can only have 3 going at once :rolleyes: but it works.