Page 1 of 2

Feature request for patch

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:48 pm
by Malor
Please add more columns to the loss report and separate out Allied/Axis minors units from the primary country columns to make it easier to see what has been lost and by the country that lost it.

If possible, each individual country should have their own column by separation in to major/minor columns should be enough.

Thanks.
Malor

RE: Feature request for patch

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:38 pm
by Hotschi
+1

RE: Feature request for patch

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:22 pm
by bwheatley
+1

RE: Feature request for patch

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:19 pm
by vaalen
Please add something that will tell us what the weather is when we mouse over a hex. The current display does not work for people who use lower resolutions, and sometimes not for those who use the most detailed resolutions. The lower left side of the panel, which shows the weather, is often cut off and not in view.

RE: Feature request for patch

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:39 pm
by saber255
Also if they could add Railroad tracks to the hexs you mouse over. to show if any are there or not

RE: Feature request for patch

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:45 am
by Titan
I like the inclusions of light Tanks as per World in Turmoil Mod with them only having one strike capability

RE: Feature request for patch

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:13 am
by OxfordGuy3
ORIGINAL: saber1

Also if they could add Railroad tracks to the hexs you mouse over. to show if any are there or not

Yes please, showing roads and rail tracks in the enlarged mouseovrr review would be helpful, if feasible

RE: Feature request for patch

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:57 am
by morelyn
ORIGINAL: vaalen

Please add something that will tell us what the weather is when we mouse over a hex. The current display does not work for people who use lower resolutions, and sometimes not for those who use the most detailed resolutions. The lower left side of the panel, which shows the weather, is often cut off and not in view.

+1

I get no weather indications (other than the graphical one) with my resolution.

RE: Feature request for patch

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:13 am
by OxfordGuy3
It works okay for me at 1920 x 1080, though I do understand others are having issues at other resolutions

RE: Feature request for patch

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:22 pm
by morelyn
Two small things:

If I have the research dialog open, allow me to click on another dialog, say Purchase, without having to first close the research dialog.

When I say quit, I mean quit. I don't mean go to a second window where I have to click on quit again, watch credits scroll by until I click, and then have to click off a third window. :) If you like, put in another option to go to the main menu.

Small things that make a UI great. It's not a bad UI already though.

RE: Feature request for patch

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:19 pm
by OxfordGuy3
ORIGINAL: Morelyn

Two small things:

If I have the research dialog open, allow me to click on another dialog, say Purchase, without having to first close the research dialog.

When I say quit, I mean quit. I don't mean go to a second window where I have to click on quit again, watch credits scroll by until I click, and then have to click off a third window. :) If you like, put in another option to go to the main menu.

Small things that make a UI great. It's not a bad UI already though.

I was thinking exactly the same thing last night, I otherwise think it's a pretty good UI

RE: Feature request for patch

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:54 pm
by SlickWilhelm
ORIGINAL: Morelyn

Two small things:

If I have the research dialog open, allow me to click on another dialog, say Purchase, without having to first close the research dialog.

When I say quit, I mean quit. I don't mean go to a second window where I have to click on quit again, watch credits scroll by until I click, and then have to click off a third window. :) If you like, put in another option to go to the main menu.

Small things that make a UI great. It's not a bad UI already though.


+1

RE: Feature request for patch

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:33 pm
by morelyn
Another request, this one pretty important.

Doesn't there need to be an order of battle available for each nation? Just a screen showing how many units of each type I own would be fine.

RE: Feature request for patch

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:06 pm
by OxfordGuy3
ORIGINAL: Morelyn

Another request, this one pretty important.

Doesn't there need to be an order of battle available for each nation? Just a screen showing how many units of each type I own would be fine.

That would be very nice, per nation

RE: Feature request for patch

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:53 pm
by Christolos
ORIGINAL: Morelyn

ORIGINAL: vaalen

Please add something that will tell us what the weather is when we mouse over a hex. The current display does not work for people who use lower resolutions, and sometimes not for those who use the most detailed resolutions. The lower left side of the panel, which shows the weather, is often cut off and not in view.

+1

I get no weather indications (other than the graphical one) with my resolution.

+1

C

RE: Feature request for patch

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:25 am
by Malor
ORIGINAL: Morelyn

Two small things:

If I have the research dialog open, allow me to click on another dialog, say Purchase, without having to first close the research dialog.

When I say quit, I mean quit. I don't mean go to a second window where I have to click on quit again, watch credits scroll by until I click, and then have to click off a third window. :) If you like, put in another option to go to the main menu.

Small things that make a UI great. It's not a bad UI already though.

This would be great. Games for Windows should use actual windows.

I also want the game to be able to play in an actual window. I'm tired of scrolling off the game to another screen and watching the map scroll to the edge. Once mouse focus is off the game, the map should not move.

Malor

RE: Feature request for patch

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:54 am
by Benedict151
Thanks all for these suggestions, there are some we'll add to the 'update' list for sure

Playing in windowed mode is already on the list (and close to the top of 'things to be done') so hopefully it will come but we'd like to get PBEM done first

regards
Ben Wilkins

RE: Feature request for patch

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:47 am
by OxfordGuy3
ORIGINAL: Benedict151

Thanks all for these suggestions, there are some we'll add to the 'update' list for sure

Playing in windowed mode is already on the list (and close to the top of 'things to be done') so hopefully it will come but we'd like to get PBEM done first

regards
Ben Wilkins

Great stuff!

RE: Feature request for patch

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:41 am
by ILCK
Small thing but for HQ two other options:
Detach All
Auto - Land

The first is self explanatory I feel like most turns I am reallocating units and trying to sort through if I have multiple HQs in the same area is a pain.
Auto - Land would run auto mode but prioritize land units. Auto is often good enough but I rarely want the air units attached.

RE: Feature request for patch

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:10 pm
by OxfordGuy3
ORIGINAL: ILCK

Small thing but for HQ two other options:
Detach All
Auto - Land

The first is self explanatory I feel like most turns I am reallocating units and trying to sort through if I have multiple HQs in the same area is a pain.
Auto - Land would run auto mode but prioritize land units. Auto is often good enough but I rarely want the air units attached.

Interesting, I tend to prioritize the air units, as replacements are expensive