Page 1 of 1

Reduced Blizzard Effect.

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:29 pm
by Champagne
I started a scenario vs the AI with Reduced Blizzard checked and activated. Sometime during or after the first turn, I unchecked it intentionally and it remained unchecked in the dialogue box for rest of the game.

Is Reduced Blizzard in effect anyway, because that's the way it was when the scenario was first launched?

Or does the dialogue box definitively state whether it is in effect depending on whether the check is in the box or not?

Thanks.

RE: Reduced Blizzard Effect.

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:03 am
by Hunter63
RB is far more historical then normal B

RE: Reduced Blizzard Effect.

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:36 am
by Stelteck
I guess the subject is highly debated.

But normal winter was the Default setup at the launch of the game, as +1 soviet attack bonus.

If you are playing german against the soviet AI, all option (normal first winter, +1 soviet attack bonus) is probably better.

RE: Reduced Blizzard Effect.

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:14 pm
by HermanGraf
Just about wrapping up my first winter with the Germans vs AI (no reduced blizzard no soviet +1) and it feels realistic. I lost some ground but not a ton. But what feels skewed is the casualties on the German side. Ive shot up to almost 600,000 and I came from around 200k I think.

RE: Reduced Blizzard Effect.

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:01 pm
by Hunter63
ORIGINAL: HermanGraf

Just about wrapping up my first winter with the Germans vs AI (no reduced blizzard no soviet +1) and it feels realistic.
I lost some ground but not a ton. But what feels skewed is the casualties on the German side.
Ive shot up to almost 600,000 and I came from around 200k I think.

It is great for AI games, allot of the casualties are minor and the men return to the front in better weather I believe.

RE: Reduced Blizzard Effect.

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:08 pm
by Champagne
Great responses.

And yet, I still wonder whether the Reduced Blizzard Effect can be toggled OFF and ON for each turn during the game?