Page 1 of 1

Elite SS Divisions

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:27 am
by tex_ka95
Does anyone know exactly which Waffen SS divisions are considered elite? The manual doesn't spell this out as far as I can tell.

My own guess would be 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 9th and 10th Panzer.

RE: Elite SS Divisions

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:00 am
by Q-Ball
Two ways. First, go to the Unit List, and you'll see a column for "ELITE". SS Elite are marked "SSE"

You can also tell by color; all-black = Elite. Half Black, Half Grey = Non-Elite

It is those units you identified, plus 12ss. Also, the SS Panzer units (Tiger BN) are elite.

RE: Elite SS Divisions

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:42 am
by Denniss
AFAIR all SS Panzer Divs and their predecessors, the already named SS hvy Pz Bns, some HQs and a small part of foot/motorized infantry.

RE: Elite SS Divisions

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:53 am
by tex_ka95
Thanks guys!

RE: Elite SS Divisions

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:44 pm
by Cavalry Corp
Are regular army heavy Tank Battalions elite - I only have one it does have 98 morale after a few fights - so I assume so.

RE: Elite SS Divisions

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:51 pm
by tex_ka95
ORIGINAL: cavalry

Are regular army heavy Tank Battalions elite - I only have one it does have 98 morale after a few fights - so I assume so.
It appears at least some of them are, if not all of them. Go to the Commanders Report screen and look at the E/G column. E, LWE and SSE all means elite.

I was shocked to see one of the Romanian divisions was considered elite. LOL

RE: Elite SS Divisions

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:21 pm
by Cavalry Corp
ok Thanks - I think that is the first RO Div - has around 60 morale in my game - not really elite...

RE: Elite SS Divisions

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:33 pm
by tex_ka95
ORIGINAL: cavalry

ok Thanks - I think that is the first RO Div - has around 60 morale in my game - not really elite...

Elite by Romanian standards I guess. lol

RE: Elite SS Divisions

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:22 pm
by Stelteck
ORIGINAL: tex_ka95

ORIGINAL: cavalry

ok Thanks - I think that is the first RO Div - has around 60 morale in my game - not really elite...

Elite by Romanian standards I guess. lol

Be soviet standard too then [:D]