Page 1 of 1
Hidden A2A pop-up forms
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:35 pm
by 4personalbusiness
During A2A combat, the pop up forms often are hidden from view behind the main A2A interface. When this happens (it doesn't happen every time), I can't get them to move to the front so I can click "ok" to proceed to the next step. I am using two monitors and using Parallels to run Windows 7 on my Macbook Pro. Any solution or workaround would be greatly appreciated. Pete
RE: Hidden A2A pop-up forms
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:49 pm
by 4personalbusiness
I see now there's already a thread on this.
RE: Hidden A2A pop-up forms
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:23 pm
by 4personalbusiness
The other thread's solutions don't seem to be working for me. Anybody else have some ideas? Thanks. Pete
RE: Hidden A2A pop-up forms
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:57 pm
by rkr1958
ORIGINAL: 4personalbusiness
The other thread's solutions don't seem to be working for me. Anybody else have some ideas? Thanks. Pete
What worked for me last time was to open task manager and select (i.e., highlight) MWiF. I then saw a child process to this one (i.e., indented and just after it) that I then highlighted and which brought the form forward.
RE: Hidden A2A pop-up forms
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:14 pm
by 4personalbusiness
Hey, Ronnie! Thanks. What is a child process? I don't see anything other than MWiF.
RE: Hidden A2A pop-up forms
Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:27 am
by 4personalbusiness
So, I got so pissed off at this hidden form issue that I threw my second monitor out the window in a fit of uncontrollable rage. When I cooled down and opened the game using only my laptop the problem didn't reappear. I'm really glad this worked since I don't have another computer to use when this one files out the window.
RE: Hidden A2A pop-up forms
Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:59 am
by rkr1958
ORIGINAL: 4personalbusiness
So, I got so pissed off at this hidden form issue that I threw my second monitor out the window in a fit of uncontrollable rage. When I cooled down and opened the game using only my laptop the problem didn't reappear. I'm really glad this worked since I don't have another computer to use when this one files out the window.
Whatever it takes. [:D] Good deal you got it working.
RE: Hidden A2A pop-up forms
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:59 pm
by JagWars
I also use two monitors (27 inch) and I have this problem constantly and not just with A2A combat, but with most of the dialogue boxes at one time or another.
The best work-around that I have found is to place the main game map on the secondary monitor and put everything else on the primary monitor. The dialogue and response boxes will appear on the primary monitor.
As long as you keep the global map no larger than half screen, the dialogue and response boxes can usually be clicked upon and come forward so that you can respond.
This still is not an 100% solution, but has reduced my frustration with the problem immensely.
RE: Hidden A2A pop-up forms
Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:23 am
by 4personalbusiness
Wow, I can't believe there isn't a simple programming fix for this. All these attempted workarouns are silly, frankly. Until then, I'm just sticking with using one monitor during the problematic phases.
RE: Hidden A2A pop-up forms
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:02 pm
by GJK
I just posted in one of the other threads my frustration with this. I think it's definitely an issue with dual monitors. I'll try just keeping everything on my primary display to see if it eliminates it; great if it does but disappointing if I can't get all the other various windows off to the side as they cover up a good portion of the map window.