Giving up current game
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:35 pm
I have to confess that I'm not getting the operational concept of this game. First time player, reset the game from medium to easiest and tried turning off "Fog of War" for me and turning it back on for the AI. So this should have been a cakewalk. Took France easy enough, even took England in an early Sea Lion because the Royal Navy was in Scotland. Took Egypt eventually. But lord have mercy, the Soviets...
Just from a historical perspective, I would have anticipated greater ease getting into the Motherland in 1942-43, at least getting to the gates of Moscow and Stalingrad. Even Leningrad has been out of reach with two Soviet corps holding off four Finnish corps. I can't degrade the Soviet forces fast enough to get past them or eliminate them, and even with a dozen ships and subs interdicting the US supply route to Soviet Union, the AI keeps bringing more and more forces, keeps rebuilding the wounded forces back up to full power.
Morale is a mystery to me. I see it drop, I get it that they need a rest to recover. Can't let that happen because too many Soviets keep pressing. There's something in the mechanics that is not working for me. Is editing the campaigns manually the answer?
Just from a historical perspective, I would have anticipated greater ease getting into the Motherland in 1942-43, at least getting to the gates of Moscow and Stalingrad. Even Leningrad has been out of reach with two Soviet corps holding off four Finnish corps. I can't degrade the Soviet forces fast enough to get past them or eliminate them, and even with a dozen ships and subs interdicting the US supply route to Soviet Union, the AI keeps bringing more and more forces, keeps rebuilding the wounded forces back up to full power.
Morale is a mystery to me. I see it drop, I get it that they need a rest to recover. Can't let that happen because too many Soviets keep pressing. There's something in the mechanics that is not working for me. Is editing the campaigns manually the answer?