Page 1 of 1

any suggested web sites

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:30 pm
by Paul Wykes
Hello all,

I asked some time ago about suggested reading materials. thanks for all the responses.

Now, how about associated web sites.

I know about www.fas.org.

Are there any other webs sites that people could suggest to brush on my military hardware and modern warfare tactics.

Web sites for this particular era would be good, or web sites that the developers may be using.

With regard to books, any encyclopedias about military hardware (affordable :) )

Thanks for any responses
PW

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:20 am
by DavidW75
Hey Paul I don't know how much help you need with those tactics :mad:

If you want some vehicle info Jane's has their Combat Vehicle Recognition Guide. It's not too bad. As far as any info dealing with the "Cold War", most books are long out of print. You can find them from places like Barnes & Noble, etc. I picked up a couple around Christmas.
BTW along those lines, anybody interested in a good WWIII read should try and find a copy of Steven Zeloga's(never can spell his name right) Red Thrust.

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:00 am
by Paul Wykes
Thanks for those suggestions.

Perhaps I should scan the second hand bookshops

Perhaps I`ve been lucky on the tactics front;)

Paul

Re: any suggested web sites

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:20 am
by IronManBeta
Originally posted by Paul Wykes
Hello all,

I asked some time ago about suggested reading materials. thanks for all the responses.

Now, how about associated web sites.

I know about www.fas.org.

Are there any other webs sites that people could suggest to brush on my military hardware and modern warfare tactics.

Web sites for this particular era would be good, or web sites that the developers may be using.

With regard to books, any encyclopedias about military hardware (affordable :) )

Thanks for any responses
PW



I found a bunch months ago (and managed to lose some of the bookmarks) but try these:

www.russianwarrior.com
www.sovietarmy.com
www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground
www.rjlee.org/othmil.html
hometown.aol.com/threatmstr/firespt.htm

Also, if you go to Google and search for "US Army FM" you will get a ton of references to the US Field Manuals which are a trove of info.

Beyond that you just have to be creative with Google. If you look at these sites you will see certain fairly unique words or phrases. If you search on those words you will find a lot of related sites quickly.

Good luck! Rob.

Thanks

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 9:59 pm
by Paul Wykes
Thanks for those links.

I`ll enjoy the rest of the weekend reading them.