Design + Retrofit Automation?
Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:38 am
Hi Guys.
Can't believe I still have to post this after reading like 50 threads on this topic. It's just so confusing and barely explained in game I guess.
I'm struggling with the (apparently) usual "Why won't the Ai retrofit to my latest design?", "Why does the AI ignore my manual design?", "How to get the Ai to upgrade/retrofit ... ?" - problems.
Before even trying to post on every subtopic associated with this, let me ask this first:
It is my understanding that the automation settings for ship/station designs are hirarchical:
1. Game options (Esc -> Options): Automation -> ShipDesign -> Checkbox
2. Empire Settings (F6 -> Set Empire Policy + Automation): Research + Design -> DropdownMenu Control manually/automate Ships Design -> -> Prompt for Retrofit Checkbox -> ShipType Checkboxes
3. Designs Screen (F8) -> Columns for Upgrade + Retrofit
If I even want a single design to be managed automatically, I would have to go from top to bottom and, first, enable the checkbox under game options, second, set empire policy dropdown to automate, third, decide on individual ship types if automate or not in the designs screen and/or via the empire settings checkboxes.
Correct?
If correct, would this apply to upgrading and retrofitting alike? I.e., even if it specifically says only "design" in the game options and/or empire settings, these general "main switch" settings extend to retrofitting as well?
Then, would a state ship have to be individually set to "automate" to even be eligible for auto-retrofit or does the AI pull them away briefly for a retrofit-run?
Thanks in advance. I find this double, triple, quadruple settings- and standards system quite confusing.
Can't believe I still have to post this after reading like 50 threads on this topic. It's just so confusing and barely explained in game I guess.
I'm struggling with the (apparently) usual "Why won't the Ai retrofit to my latest design?", "Why does the AI ignore my manual design?", "How to get the Ai to upgrade/retrofit ... ?" - problems.
Before even trying to post on every subtopic associated with this, let me ask this first:
It is my understanding that the automation settings for ship/station designs are hirarchical:
1. Game options (Esc -> Options): Automation -> ShipDesign -> Checkbox
2. Empire Settings (F6 -> Set Empire Policy + Automation): Research + Design -> DropdownMenu Control manually/automate Ships Design -> -> Prompt for Retrofit Checkbox -> ShipType Checkboxes
3. Designs Screen (F8) -> Columns for Upgrade + Retrofit
If I even want a single design to be managed automatically, I would have to go from top to bottom and, first, enable the checkbox under game options, second, set empire policy dropdown to automate, third, decide on individual ship types if automate or not in the designs screen and/or via the empire settings checkboxes.
Correct?
If correct, would this apply to upgrading and retrofitting alike? I.e., even if it specifically says only "design" in the game options and/or empire settings, these general "main switch" settings extend to retrofitting as well?
Then, would a state ship have to be individually set to "automate" to even be eligible for auto-retrofit or does the AI pull them away briefly for a retrofit-run?
Thanks in advance. I find this double, triple, quadruple settings- and standards system quite confusing.