Page 1 of 1

Mayday For A Marine!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:14 am
by Iron Cross
Fellow SPWAW Fanatics!!!!

My name is Iron Cross (aka LtCol David Davenport USMC) and I need a serious favor from one kind SPWAW player. I was called up 6 weeks ago and am now deployed to support Operation Enduring Freedom in Tampa, FL. I thought ahead enough before I left my home to put SPWAW 7.1 on a CD to take with me. When I got to Tampa, I found that the zip file of 7.1 that I had brought with me was corrupt!!!! My internet connection here is absolutely pathetic (1.7K) and even GetRight has not helped. I would gladly pay for someone to burn a couple of cd's with SPWAW 7.1 unzipped on them so that I can play again!!!! I appreciate it more than I can say!!! 6 weeks without SPWAW is more than I can stand!!!! My address is below with my e-mail - thanks!

LtCol David A. Davenport
1805 North Westshore Blvd #142
Tampa, FL. 33607

usmc0202@hotmail.com

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:17 am
by Goblin
I'm on it! I will include H2H also. I will email you with my name and address so you know the return address to watch for. Go ahead and delete your address, I have it.

Goblin

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:22 am
by VikingNo2
Sir, would you like H2H as well?

Goblin and Viking#2...

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:28 am
by Orzel Bialy
you guys are top rate for assisting a member of our Armed Forces so quickly and so willingly. :) I really mean that!

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:37 am
by Goblin
Thanks Orzel, but I think it just makes us 'one of the guys' here at these forums. If it wasn't one of us doing it, it would be any one of a hundred or more others. It's burned, with H2H as well. I will send it out tomorrow or Monday.

Goblin;)

Yeah...I know

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:44 am
by Orzel Bialy
that our community would not have failed him...and that offers would have poured in from across the board...but I still think that good deeds should be noted and praised. ;)

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:56 am
by Goblin
Iron Cross,

It will be mailed out tomorrow. It looks like the burning went ok, and the files look like the right size.


Goblin

Re: Mayday For A Marine!!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:08 am
by tracer
Originally posted by Iron Cross


LtCol David A. Davenport
1805 North Westshore Blvd #142
Tampa, FL. 33607

usmc0202@hotmail.com


Hell, Gmenfan could have walked a copy over! :D

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:14 am
by Goblin
Lol! Yeah, but he doesn't exactly have alot of free time either! We'll let the Postal Service earn their pay, lol.

Goblin

Holy Cow - You Guys Are Awesome!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:27 am
by Iron Cross
To All (especially Goblin),

You guys are AWESOME!!!!!!! Thanks so much for the help, I was out of options here. It is bad enough to be away from my family for up to two years, but without SPWAW to occupy the time, it would be intolerable!!!!! The guys that play SPWAW are the best!!! Thank Again!!!!

Iron Cross
aka LtCol Davenport
on General Frank's Staff - Tampa :D

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 12:43 pm
by Goblin
I just read your profile. Do you play Half Life? I don't, but there is a free mod for it called Day of Defeat (and CS, and ToD, and Natural Selection, etc...). It is a WW2 mod, and I do play that. If you do play it, let me know, I will give you my Clan server IP number to drop by when you have time.

Goblin

Well Yes

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:01 pm
by Hawk
Goblin does play DoD......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: But how good is another story.....:p :p :p If you call camping on a flag and waiting for someone to come by and get shot....:eek: :eek: :eek: He's your man!!!!:p :p :p

Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:46 pm
by Supervisor
A little long for a walk (six hour drive by car) but if had more notice I might of been able to put it on Military airlift headed to Macdill AFB. But then by the time it got routed through Georgia, New Jersey, Maine, Azores, England, Germany, Turkey, Korea, Japan, Alaska, Texas, Alabama and Florida (Macdill AFB) Combat Leader would have been released and he would have been retired.:D :p :)
You guys are so great, it brings tears to my eyes.....................no wait thats hemorrhoids. :p

Re: Well Yes

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 1:39 am
by Goblin
Originally posted by Hawk
Goblin does play DoD......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: But how good is another story.....:p :p :p If you call camping on a flag and waiting for someone to come by and get shot....:eek: :eek: :eek: He's your man!!!!


I prefer the term 'defending' to camping. It is all in your point of view, Hawk.... Those that get shot by me say 'camper', and those that are on my team say 'lookit Meat defend that ground!!'. See?:p :D

PS- Iron Cross, Hawk is one of those Bozos that get killed by me fairly often in DoD, lol. Despite his less than friendly demeanor, he's a good egg...

Goblin;)

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:05 am
by tracer
Originally posted by gmenfan
A little long for a walk (six hour drive by car) but if had more notice I might of been able to put it on Military airlift headed to Macdill AFB. But then by the time it got routed through Georgia, New Jersey, Maine, Azores, England, Germany, Turkey, Korea, Japan, Alaska, Texas, Alabama and Florida (Macdill AFB) Combat Leader would have been released and he would have been retired.:D :p :)
You guys are so great, it brings tears to my eyes.....................no wait thats hemorrhoids. :p


I was thinking of Elgin was MacDill...good thing I don't work for the postal service! :D

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:10 am
by tracer
Originally posted by Goblin
Lol! Yeah, but he doesn't exactly have alot of free time either! We'll let the Postal Service earn their pay, lol.

Goblin


Better watch what you say: they're also a 'uniformed service'...and better armed. :eek: :D

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:48 am
by Goblin
:eek: :D :eek:

Goblin

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:42 am
by Supervisor
No Jim, Egiln is in the Fort Walton Beach/Destin area. West end of the panhandle.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:54 pm
by tracer
Originally posted by gmenfan
No Jim, Egiln is in the Fort Walton Beach/Destin area. West end of the panhandle.


I know...another goof-up like that and they'll take away my resident status! :D Three abbreviations only a true Floridian knows: FWB=Fort Walton Beach, NSB=New Smyrna Beach and WPB=West Palm Beach.

When trying to explain how 'long' Florida is, most folks don't believe me when I tell em that the western-most counties are in the Central time zone.