Page 1 of 1
My invasion TFs won't invade
Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:09 pm
by gregb41352
So I put the invasion LCUs (Target no. is at 100), load then into my Transport TFs and send them off to the target.
Well covered by CVs, Bombardment and Supply TFs. I have the TFs all set to "do not retire/remain on station".
When they get to the targets, they'll do the bombardment thing and start to unload.
After I run the next turn, the Transport TFs have moved away from the invasion targets!
I can set them to land again, and they will, but I lose a turn of unloading. And they
move away during the following turn.
Why are my invasion TFs acting in this way? I'm completely baffled.
RE: My invasion TFs won't invade
Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:17 pm
by woods
Could be the leader for the Transport tf not aggressive enough. Should use Amphibious tf. Transport tf needs to dock port. Amphibious can unload over the beach in the hex.
RE: My invasion TFs won't invade
Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:17 pm
by Lecivius
ORIGINAL: gobadgers
load then into my Transport TFs
This may be your problem. You need to have them in an Amphib TF.
RE: My invasion TFs won't invade
Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:24 pm
by btd64
Or a follow issue. Have all tf's set individually. And as mentioned, have troop and supply tf's in amphibious mode....GP
RE: My invasion TFs won't invade
Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:46 pm
by BillBrown
Transport TFs will only unload at a friendly port size 1+. You need to use amphibious TFs to invade an enemy base.
RE: My invasion TFs won't invade
Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:04 pm
by Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: Lecivius
ORIGINAL: gobadgers
load then into my Transport TFs
This may be your problem. You need to have them in an Amphib TF.
Ayup.
RE: My invasion TFs won't invade
Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:21 pm
by gregb41352
Thanks all for helping a noob....I'm only about 1/3 the way through the manual but I like messing with it.
I think I may have found an obsession.
RE: My invasion TFs won't invade
Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:28 pm
by Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: gobadgers
Thanks all for helping a noob....I'm only about 1/3 the way through the manual but I like messing with it.
I think I may have found an obsession.
My sympathies. Dude, you have no idea how deep this rabbit hole goes, but you're about to find out...[8D]
RE: My invasion TFs won't invade
Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:31 pm
by BBfanboy
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: gobadgers
Thanks all for helping a noob....I'm only about 1/3 the way through the manual but I like messing with it.
I think I may have found an obsession.
My sympathies. Dude, you have no idea how deep this rabbit hole goes, but you're about to find out...[8D]
Oh Yeah! You'll love trying the magic mushrooms!

RE: My invasion TFs won't invade
Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:44 pm
by rustysi
Transport TFs will only unload at a friendly port size 1+.
Transport TF's will unload at any size friendly base (even 0), although some devices may take a long time or may not unload at all. If this should happen NS (naval support) devices would help.
I think I may have found an obsession.
Release the mouse, turn off the computer and run!!! Don't walk, run!!![:D]
RE: My invasion TFs won't invade
Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:56 pm
by BillBrown
disregard
RE: My invasion TFs won't invade
Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:19 pm
by karmannkc
Perhaps, there is a setting for threat tolerance. Set that to do not retreat. Might fix the issue.
RE: My invasion TFs won't invade
Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:20 am
by Trugrit
I suspect that your problem is slightly different.
In a transport task force the combat units must be in strategic mode in order for them to load in the first place.
It is possible for a transport task force loaded with combat troops in strategic mode to invade an enemy base.
In fact, if the enemy base is an atoll or small island the troops will shock attack in strategic mode.
Not a happy situation.
It causes strange things to happen in the game.
The task force will depart even if it is set to remain on station.
I know this because I’ve been stupid enough to do this in a game.
Note that I’m not saying you are stupid because you are a new player.
I’m saying I’m stupid because I was no rookie when this happened and I knew better.
RE: My invasion TFs won't invade
Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:44 pm
by rustysi
I know this because I’ve been stupid enough to do this in a game.
Note that I’m not saying you are stupid because you are a new player.
I’m saying I’m stupid because I was no rookie when this happened and I knew better.
Takes guts there 'Tru' to admit something like that. Me I would never do anything like it.
