Page 1 of 1

Going to start human vs human WITPAE grand campaign on youtube SOON (tm)

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:26 pm
by Timotheus
Although my youtube channel is mainly in Polish, I am mulling in doing this one series in english, because it could possibly reach a wider audience, it would be the first one ever done on video, and also would probably lead to some advice which could help me.

Instead of "a million clicks per video", I am thinking of doing two videos per turn - one would be strategic overview, my plans, and I will show what I move where (without showing the million mouse clicks needed to do so, arrgh, my poor hand) and the second would be the combat report with animations.

I will be playing versus another Polish bro, who has already played a few grand campaigns, who specializes in Japanese, and who is already kicking my azz in Coral Sea scenario.

We will be using the latest unofficial patch.

I am looking forward to losing WW2 in the Pacific as the Allies.


Sounds interesting?

RE: Going to start human vs human WITPAE grand campaign on youtube SOON (tm)

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:31 pm
by woods
As Allies, you cannot lose. [:D] Go for it!

RE: Going to start human vs human WITPAE grand campaign on youtube SOON (tm)

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:43 pm
by Timotheus
Obviously you haven't seen me play this game. [:D]

Whatever happens, it will be fun, awesome, and challenging unlike most PC gaming these days.

RE: Going to start human vs human WITPAE grand campaign on youtube SOON (tm)

Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:04 am
by geofflambert
You will need to have Vanna White pointing and otherwise gesticulating at your monitor in appropriate ways to maintain my attention.

Image

RE: Going to start human vs human WITPAE grand campaign on youtube SOON (tm)

Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:34 am
by Canoerebel
Timotheus, that sounds like a lot of work for minimal return. The Forumite population is a small one (maybe a few hundred people?) who read perhaps 25 active AARs, and enjoy doing so partly because they can easily skip over parts they don't enjoy or spot parts they do enjoy. The "printed" page is easy that way; video isn't. So I'd expect the viewership to be small and get smaller...unless, like Geoff says, you have nubile (or mature) pretty ladies highly visible in the project.

Contrary to what I've said, apparently there is a place for the YouTube gaming scene. At the suggestion of some good Forumites, I once tried to watch a highly popular one from a game called Kubla Space or something like that. The video creator was some whiz at the game, and he droned on and on for ten minutes before I pulled my hair out, shut down YouTube, and went screaming into the night. It was one of the most boring experiences possible. I can't imagine ever watching another.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but beware putting a great deal of time into something of interest to only a very few.


RE: Going to start human vs human WITPAE grand campaign on youtube SOON (tm)

Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:03 am
by Ian R
Ignore Canoerebel and do it

RE: Going to start human vs human WITPAE grand campaign on youtube SOON (tm)

Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:20 am
by mind_messing
I think the best way to present this type of game in video format is a very focused series of videos. Rather than showing everything that happens in a turn, it would, to my mind, be best if you kept the focus to a specific campaign.

With the wonders of editing, you can show the really interesting parts of the campaign (eg, invasions, surface engagements, carrier clashes) and avoid showing all the inconsequential details (round after round of air attacks).

RE: Going to start human vs human WITPAE grand campaign on youtube SOON (tm)

Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:40 am
by dr.hal
I have to input that due to my location and connection to the internet, I wouldn't be able to see it. My connection is not much above the old dial up as I live in the country (yet only an hour away from New Orleans). This means I can't see UTube videos unless there is nothing else going on in the neighborhood. Sad but true. So, although your project sounds interesting, and the facts given by Canoerebel are sound, there are a number of us that won't be able to see it due to technical difficulties! The sad fact is that I had better connectivity in central rural Vermont than I do here!