Page 1 of 2

Baku - industrial center or not

Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:43 pm
by Realbilly261
Hi to everyone,

I ask for a friend (who don´t speak english):

He describes a problem, that the Russian town Baku is in single player mode and in a multiplayer game marked as industrial center. In another multiplayer game it isn´t. What could be the reason of this behaviour?

Thanks.

RE: Baku - industrial center or not

Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:16 pm
by sPzAbt653
As long as it is friendly to USSR it is an Industrial Center. If it is enemy occupied it loses that status. I think. Can your friend confirm that there is this difference between games ?

RE: Baku - industrial center or not

Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:57 pm
by Realbilly261
No, that isn´t the difference. Baku is Soviet, but no industrial center, so he can´t deploy units there.


RE: Baku - industrial center or not

Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:52 pm
by sPzAbt653
Ok, thanks for checking. I checked a few of my save files and I don't see anything like that, so there must be something different but I don't know what. Has Baku been damaged ? What is it's Supply Level ?

RE: Baku - industrial center or not

Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:00 pm
by Realbilly261
I got a screenshot, but it is unable for me to attach it here ....

RE: Baku - industrial center or not

Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:10 pm
by sPzAbt653
You need like 8 or 10 posts before you can attach screen shots. Let me help you reach that goal. Do you have any pets ?

RE: Baku - industrial center or not

Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:26 pm
by Realbilly261
[:D] [:D] [:D]
Hahahaha - great! - no, but I like cats and turtles ...

Where are you from, by the way?

RE: Baku - industrial center or not

Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:28 pm
by Realbilly261
I am from Germany. [8D]

RE: Baku - industrial center or not

Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:36 pm
by Realbilly261
Just read: I only can post uploads 7 days after my tenth post. [X(]

RE: Baku - industrial center or not

Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:39 pm
by Realbilly261
So first reach the 10th ....

...checked...

... and wait ....

RE: Baku - industrial center or not

Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:34 pm
by sPzAbt653
Welcome to the 10th post. I didn't know about the wait. If the suspense is killing you, you may e-mail me the screenshot by clicking my name at the left, there you will see my address.

I am in the USA, in Maryland, near Annapolis. I also like cats, but turtles tend to be smelly.

RE: Baku - industrial center or not

Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:33 pm
by Realbilly261
Thank you! But that opens a mailform where I have no opportunity to attach something. [&:]

RE: Baku - industrial center or not

Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:26 pm
by sPzAbt653
Not the link [expired anyway], next to my name its typed out, that way we don't have to post it in here where the bots can pick it up.

RE: Baku - industrial center or not

Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:15 pm
by sPzAbt653
And here is the posters screenshot:

Image

RE: Baku - industrial center or not

Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:18 pm
by sPzAbt653
My first thought was something that was fixed way back in v1.01, so no need to go into it because that shouldn't be it. Similarly though, we see that the towns are all at 5, and I think they should be higher [although I need to check to be sure]. This possibly suggests that the area is isolated from the Capital.

RE: Baku - industrial center or not

Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:07 am
by VigaBrand
That is the reason why you need the industrial center, because you are cut off. I looked at my current game and I had persia (via event) and normal game, and baku isn't an industrial center, so the thread to cut the region off and halv my income there is real.

RE: Baku - industrial center or not

Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:35 pm
by sPzAbt653
My current game as Allies, Aug. 1941, Baku is a friendly Industrial Center, so I am confused as to why it changes while being Soviet occupied. I read the rules again but it still isn't clear. I do know this, if Baku is cut off from the Capital, new units can't be placed there, and its supply value drops. I also know that if the enemy bombs a Capital and reduces its supply below a certain level, the entire grid suffers. So maybe bombing is causing the differences ?

RE: Baku - industrial center or not

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:54 am
by Hubert Cater
Hi Realbilly, can you tell me which campaign this is for and which language version your friend is playing?

RE: Baku - industrial center or not

Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:08 am
by VigaBrand
Hi,
I played 1.03 official patch and we played the 1939 storm over europe campaigne. I'm allies and after he cut the railline, I was surprised that Baku isn't an industrial center.
I lost Moscow, Leningrad and Stalingrad. Maybe after I lost the capital, it could be, that baku was deletet as industrial center (like the manchester in england, if Londond falls). I couldn't tell you the date which bakus lost is status as indstrial center, because I didn't controll it every time, but it isn't still a industrial center right now.
It is a server game, so you could look at it via server (if you could).

RE: Baku - industrial center or not

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:34 pm
by Realbilly261
ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Hi Realbilly, can you tell me which campaign this is for and which language version your friend is playing?

Hello Hubert,
unfortunately I didn´t noticed until today that you asked here.
He is playing in german "1939 Storm over Europe". And he told me, he found other bugs (or features?):
- after he lose London and the british capital moved to Manchester all industrial centers, primary and secondary supply are away
- the same in USSR when the capital moved from Moscow
- after losing the british convoy ports there aren´t any convoys from Canada to the new british capital in Egypt

And finally a bug from one of my games: After moving the capital from London to Canada I can´t place any canadian unit in Canada - it told me everytime "Unit cannot placed" (german game version).

Thank you and greetings from Germany,

Realbilly