Page 1 of 1
Taking a screenshot in SPWaW
Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 1:45 pm
by Sami
Hi,
I don't seem able to take a proper screenshots while playing SPWaW. The resulting screenshot (using Alt-PrintScrn) produces a messy picture that reminds me of old PC games from the era when the common monitors were CGA (before VGA, back in the days when the 286 was a fastest baby on the block). I've tried using different resolutions, but it doesn't help.
Anyone ?
Cheers,
Sami
Anyone?
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:50 am
by Sami
Bump!
Come on, don't tell me that taking screenshots is impossible!
Cheers,
Sami
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:15 am
by Resisti
Using the printscreen function from theyboard, won't work with Spwaw, this is well known.
Most of us use this utility:
http://www.hyperionics.com/
and look for "Hypersnap-DX", it's for free

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:02 pm
by Marc von Martial
http://www.gicombat.com/chatshots.htm
Check this FAQ on screenshots from the GI Combat website. UOSU is very simple to set up. Browse all the way down for the download links.
Thank you!
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:43 pm
by Sami
Thanks for the help, both of you.
I had noticed this problem a long time ago but didn't give it much thought. And I've totally missed all discussion on how to take screenshots.
I have SUCH a good game going on against my friend, that I just HAVE to have some screenshots with which I'll taunt him in the future...

Still not workin...
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 2:29 pm
by Sami
Howdy!
I downloaded both of these programs, and installed them as advised. However, I still don't get screenshots while playing SPWAW!
E.g. while playing and using UOSU, it indicates that it has taken several "shots" (the indicator below the screenshot folder), but no screenshots appear in the actual folder.
Has someone else had this problem? Am I doing something wrong?
Hoping to get advice,
Sami
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 2:42 pm
by Resisti
As for Hypersnap: Spwaw is running on full screen, therefore you’ll have to look carefully which is the hotkey to take a snapshot under these conditions.
I’m at work and don’t have the program here, but I remember there is indicated which is the correct key to hit, within one of the window menus.
Or check the program help/manual.
The screenshots will be saved directly on your desktop.
I'll give it a new try when I get home
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:14 pm
by Sami
thanks for the extra info.
Cheers,
Sami
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:58 pm
by chief
SAMI: I believe the hotkey is "Scroll Lock", at least it is on mine.
GOOD Luck !!
thanx!
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:04 pm
by Sami
Originally posted by Resisti
As for Hypersnap: Spwaw is running on full screen, therefore you’ll have to look carefully which is the hotkey to take a snapshot under these conditions.
I’m at work and don’t have the program here, but I remember there is indicated which is the correct key to hit, within one of the window menus.
Or check the program help/manual.
The screenshots will be saved directly on your desktop.
Had to enable the special capture, now it works!
Thankfully,
Sami