Page 1 of 1

LUA AddShip Script

Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:30 pm
by Phobosdeimos71
Hello,

I am doing the "Lua in Command Tutorial 1" by Tomcat56th

In the Event Editor Action I have clicked on the Lua script tab looking for the ScenEdit_AddShip Script.

It doesn't seem to be in the dropdown.

Has ScenEdit_AddShip been changed to something else?

Thanks

RE: LUA AddShip Script

Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:23 pm
by Dan109
There is no SE_AddShip function, only the generic ScenEdit_AddUnit function. It can add anything.

http://commandlua.github.io/#ScenEdit_AddUnit

RE: LUA AddShip Script

Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:40 pm
by CCIP-subsim
I think that's a long-obsolete function - Tomcat's tutorials are excellent but a bit out of date.

Yes, definitely use ScenEdit_AddUnit instead now[:)]

RE: LUA AddShip Script

Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:11 pm
by Phobosdeimos71
Thanks guys

RE: LUA AddShip Script

Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:40 am
by michaelm75au
The AddShip/AddAircraft/.. were rolled up into the AddUnit() to make it simpler a long time ago.
The obsolete functions are still there in order to support older scenario that used them, but they are no longer used or supported. [:)]