Page 1 of 1
Game won't kick in???
Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2000 11:18 pm
by LT Vyktum
Install went well..I start up the game..intro runs..then it goes to the Wild Bill screen..then it goes to credits and then back to start up screens..no options to start game or anything...My comp is a 233 p2..64 mgs..vodoo3 2000...latest drivers..checked that v file thingy and that seems to be there, any ideas?..I got the game with an issue of pc gamer..I really want to play, it looks really cool and it's free, I don't know how you guys do it...rock on.
------------------
Roses are red..violets are blue..I'm schizophrenic..and so am I.
Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2000 9:16 pm
by Wild Bill
Try using either SPWAW.exe or Mech.exe to start the game instead of autorun.exe. Do you know how to do that? No talking down, just want to be sure you understand...
Wild Bill
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2000 9:35 pm
by LT Vyktum
Nope..I am pretty p/c illeterate..see I can't even spell ... I will go look for it and try..thanks.
Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2000 9:49 pm
by LT Vyktum
I tried that same thing..I mean it starts I get the option screen..Ok..I check play..goes through intro..goes to the Wild BILL yeehaw screen then to the SPWAW..and then it goes to credits then boom..back to the first option screen..somebody mentioned that I had the beta one and I needed to update/patch it to the 4.+ one..I mean the only reason I bought that issue was to get the game..My brother has it..I believe he downloaded it..and I thought it was such a cool game...HELP..Do I need to upgrade or should I d/l thw whole thing.
------------------
Roses are red..violets are blue..I'm schizophrenic..and so am I.
Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2000 10:13 pm
by Wild Bill
I should have asked that to start with. To be fully updated and have all that the game offers, you are going to have to bite the bullet and get all the way up to 4.4.
It's a pain but it's worth it.
I'm not quite sure what version you have currently but the BEST thing to do is to download version 4.0 complete.
Then download the updates, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and finally 4.4. You need them all because each has something and they build on each other.
Now that is a laborious process but it should provide you with a worry free game that will play well for you.
I wish there were an easier way for you, Vyktum, but I fear there isn't, unless you can get someone to cut you a CD with all that already on there. You'll still have to install however.
If it is any consolation, you'll be glad you did.
Wild Bill
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games