Page 1 of 1

Replay of AI Turn

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:57 pm
by norvandave
Hubert, I have written about this some time ago. During the long AI turns I go and do other things and then come back to the computer for my turn when the AI is completed. Doing that however means that I miss all of the navel and air attacks that occur during the AI turn, which is a serious disadvantage. It would be REALLY great if I could replay the AI turn so that I could see what I missed. I'm sure many AI players will agree with this request.

I have been with the SC games right from SC1, SC2 and all the modules. Keep up the good work.

-Dave.

RE: Replay of AI Turn

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:23 pm
by nnason
I completely agree. Code is written since does for multi-player. Should be simple ass.

RE: Replay of AI Turn

Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:18 am
by norvandave
I am really quite surprised that more people did not agree with this post. What am I missing[&:]

RE: Replay of AI Turn

Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:09 am
by Yogi the Great
ORIGINAL: norvandave

During the long AI turns I go and do other things and then come back to the computer for my turn when the AI is completed. Doing that however means that I miss all of the navel and air attacks that occur during the AI turn, which is a serious disadvantage. It would be REALLY great if I could replay the AI turn so that I could see what I missed. I'm sure many AI players will agree with this request.

-Dave.

Are you saving much time doing other things instead of watching just to come back and replay the AI turn after anyway?

Just having a little fun, actually being able to replay AI turns is always a nice feature to have. seeing some of the actual unit movement can be helpful too.

RE: Replay of AI Turn

Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:12 am
by Ason
If you come back and want to watch it anyway, why not just wait to press "end turn" until you come back and have time to watch it ?
I wouldn't mind the feature but I really don't see why it's important, I think they should focus on more important things.

RE: Replay of AI Turn

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:44 am
by norvandave
Some AI turns take 15-20 minutes to play out. That's a lot of sitting. We could have a replay without all of the "thinking" the AI does so we can see what naval surprises happened during the AI turn that would be really useful.