Ban kelproit62!
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:04 am
Another spambot!
Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1
I wish I knew why his was happening.
At least I learned how to use the "ignore feature" this time.
Originally posted by Grok
I'm beginning to wonder if these bots are activated by a member posting...
I suppose so, but it ought to be illegal...oh, wait...IT IS! If I remember correctly, any unsolicited advertisement, as in e-mails, is illegal, which also applys to forums. As it was explained to me, spammers, regardless of intent, use up bandwidth and thus steal what isn't theirs. In this case, it can't even be argued that since a messege board is a public forum, a spammer has the same right to come in and advertize as any legitimate member, since spamming violates the intent of the forum. Oh, well...Originally posted by Kraut
I guess a spammer registers under that name and then turns his bot loose.
Originally posted by Paul Vebber
Kelproit62 has been deleted along with all posts.