Page 1 of 1
[FIXED B976] Walleye hangs as it's target has already been destroyed
Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:07 pm
by hamlet
Hello devs,
same save, but another issue. In the air are two walleyes per target. If walleye #1 destroys the target, the second walleye
just stops over the target area and hangs in the air.
This is reproducible, but does not occur on every execution of the save.
Would appreciate if you can have a look.
Thanks and kind regards
Hamlet
RE: B972.2 Walleye hangs as it's target has already been destroyed
Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:24 pm
by thewood1
The version of your db is 466 and the current one is 469. So, even though you say you are playing 1.13, somehow you are playing an outdated version of the scenario. I loaded a clean version of that scenario and its at 469. So I would check the source of the scenario.
Not saying that is definitively the issue, but it will be hard to diagnose if its not built for the database.
RE: B972.2 Walleye hangs as it's target has already been destroyed
Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:59 pm
by heanderl
Good point, but that seems not to affect the issue.
I rebuilt the save with the newest db and the hanging missiles still happen.
I then started from scratch with B972.2 (save attached) and the missiles are still hanging.
Regs
Hamlet
RE: B972.2 Walleye hangs as it's target has already been destroyed
Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:02 pm
by hamlet
Excuses, last post was accidentially with my login from the members area, therefore the other user.
Regs Hamlet
RE: B972.2 Walleye hangs as it's target has already been destroyed
Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:28 pm
by ComDev
Thanks [8D]
Do you mean 'hangs for a second, then impacts the ground' or 'hangs still in air until out of energy'?
RE: B972.2 Walleye hangs as it's target has already been destroyed
Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:06 am
by hamlet
Hello emsoy,
"hanging" means that the missile(s) are stopping and not moving any more. They can be selected as a unit and show no unusual values in the unit window if I remember correctly.
On the "until they run out of energy", I would need to test that by running the scenario longer. If I remember correctly, they hung there for approx. 1 hour of game time with no change, until I stopped the scenario.
I will check this evening (approx. in 10 hours) when I am back at home, check on the unit values and provide screenshots.
RE: B972.2 Walleye hangs as it's target has already been destroyed
Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:50 am
by ComDev
Woah... Not good.
Ran through the scen 6-7 times last night and no reproduce.
Guys, anyone else seeing this?
RE: B972.2 Walleye hangs as it's target has already been destroyed
Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:51 am
by ComDev
Btw. If you save the game with the bombs hanging, do they still hang on load?
And if they do, could you upload that save?
Thanks!
RE: B972.2 Walleye hangs as it's target has already been destroyed
Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:44 pm
by hamlet
Strange, I can reproduce the effect easily.
OK, here are some screenshots
Two missiles are hanging, just after it happened: hanging missiles 1.jpg
After some time they start to circle wildly around the target area (did not notice that before,
think I stopped the game too soon for that)#: hanging missiles 2.jpg
Letting it run a lot farther. After some time the missiles stop again, going on, one crashes: hanging missiles 3.jpg
Noticed that the ground speed is very low. Attached save is just after the missiles stopped. screenshots are in the zip as well.
After some seconds they start to move again, circle around and then stop again
(also the weird behavior can be reproduced reliably)
Hope this helps to drill down on the issue.
Regs
Hamlet
RE: B972.2 Walleye hangs as it's target has already been destroyed
Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:09 pm
by User2
Guys, anyone else seeing this?
I confirm. Walleye missiles are hanging over the spot of destroyed target.
Saw something similar yesterday when KA-52's Vihr missile flew back and forth like a hungry shark over destroyed target.
RE: B972.2 Walleye hangs as it's target has already been destroyed
Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:23 pm
by RoryAndersonCDT
Logged
RE: B972.2 Walleye hangs as it's target has already been destroyed
Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:42 am
by ComDev
Thanks for the save and screenshots, very helpful.
You're running in high fidelity mode, and once I switched to the same I can reproduce the behaviour.
Starting looking for a fix, please hold on...
RE: B972.2 Walleye hangs as it's target has already been destroyed
Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:30 pm
by ComDev
Fixed, thanks!