Page 1 of 1

Amphibious Invasion Prep - Damage preventing prep?

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:51 pm
by cquail
Having trouble figuring out why I can't prep for an invasion. 2/6 are prepping and the other 4 are not. I have an infantry division stacked on each one. The only thing I can think of is that the TF's that are not prepping have some damage to them. Is that the reason? How do you repair them if so? I've been scouring the forums and manual and can't figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

RE: Amphibious Invasion Prep - Damage preventing prep?

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:29 pm
by Searry
Are you sure it isn't just slow? The bigger port the TF is prepping in, the quicker it is.

RE: Amphibious Invasion Prep - Damage preventing prep?

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:39 pm
by cquail
ORIGINAL: Searry

Are you sure it isn't just slow? The bigger port the TF is prepping in, the quicker it is.

Possible. I'll give it some more turns. My 2 that are prepping are at 24% and 28%. I would have thought that after about 5-6 turns they would be above 0%.

RE: Amphibious Invasion Prep - Damage preventing prep?

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:49 pm
by cquail
I've also noticed that my TF's that are not prepping are taking damage every turn. They are not at sea, they are in port. For example I have a TF in Licata and it went from 7 damage to 68 damage. I'm not sure what's going on.


RE: Amphibious Invasion Prep - Damage preventing prep?

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:17 am
by Joel Billings
Licata is a temp port, not a regular port. Not sure you can prep in a temp port. Also, have you checked to see if there is German air interdiction in the hex. That's my guess as to how you are gaining damage. If you email before and after saves to 2by3@2by3games.com or post them in the forum, we can take a look and see what's going on.

RE: Amphibious Invasion Prep - Damage preventing prep?

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:34 am
by cquail
Temp port could be the issue. Not sure how to tell which is a temp port and which is a regular port. Looking at the hex info I don't see any differences.

RE: Amphibious Invasion Prep - Damage preventing prep?

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:13 am
by Lovenought
ORIGINAL: cquail

Temp port could be the issue. Not sure how to tell which is a temp port and which is a regular port. Looking at the hex info I don't see any differences.
The hex will have an airfield called "Temporary Port British/American air base"

RE: Amphibious Invasion Prep - Damage preventing prep?

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:10 am
by cquail
A-ha! I see it now. Thanks!