Page 1 of 1
Just Wondering
Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:24 pm
by Naughteous Maximus
I was wondering if you guys working on WitE have looked at or used any information from the books on Operation Barbarossa: the Complete Organisational and Statistical Analysis, and Military Simulation, by Nigel Askey. If you haven't, it might be a good investment.

RE: Just Wondering
Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:51 am
by Great_Ajax
Yes, we are using it extensively. It is an phenomenal resource.
Trey
ORIGINAL: Naughteous Maximus
I was wondering if you guys working on WitE have looked at or used any information from the books on Operation Barbarossa: the Complete Organisational and Statistical Analysis, and Military Simulation, by Nigel Askey. If you haven't, it might be a good investment.
RE: Just Wondering
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:52 am
by 56ajax
Excellent. I am looking forward to an improved Soviet OOB.
(And I have found the author, Mr Askey, to be responsive when I have asked for clarification or correction of typos).
RE: Just Wondering
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:18 am
by Dreamslayer
RE: Just Wondering
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:55 am
by morvael
Yes, it is.
Yes, we are using it extensively. It is an phenomenal resource.
Too bad it doesn't cover 1942-1945 [:)]
RE: Just Wondering
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:56 am
by morvael
From what I understand this project will end with a monster scenario made for TOAW IV, which was only recently released (TOAW IV, not scenario).
RE: Just Wondering
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:19 am
by RforRush
That site looks like latent nazi propaganda.
RE: Just Wondering
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:51 am
by DeletedUser1769703214
ORIGINAL: morvael
From what I understand this project will end with a monster scenario made for TOAW IV, which was only recently released (TOAW IV, not scenario).
Yes, I have heard tidbits myself on this.
RE: Just Wondering
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:52 am
by EwaldvonKleist
ORIGINAL: RforRush
That site looks like latent nazi propaganda.
Why would you think that?
The website and the books are written completely neutral, without narratives and very dense on numbers and facts.
RE: Just Wondering
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:11 pm
by 56ajax
Yes it is. And the book is excellent.
RE: Just Wondering
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:22 pm
by 56ajax
ORIGINAL: RforRush
That site looks like latent nazi propaganda.
The author does express some points of view on the website which I would not necessarily agree with (See WW11 Myths section) but the book, Volume 111A, (700 pages!!!!!) is excellent. There is no commentary or propaganda - it is full of weapons descriptions, production history, TOEs etc etc - a great resource for our game, and I come away with the strong impression that the Soviet OOB in WiTE is incomplete.
RE: Just Wondering
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:50 pm
by Rommel76
I've just bought volume I and IIB it's the best resource I've been seen ever!!
The best for the best game WITE!![8D]
RE: Just Wondering
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:59 pm
by Rusty1961
ORIGINAL: RforRush
That site looks like latent nazi propaganda.
care to back that comment up with some facts?